Adventures in NUS...
Hey ppl, went to the 2004 NUS Open House today to have a little look-see. Haha... Met many ppl there. So far have seen, let's see... Amanda, Li Juan, Michelle, Darren, Jie Ying, Smurfie, Eddy and, well, probably half the population of JC students in Spore.
The day dawned bright and sunny, and it being a Sat morning, I was too damn gong to plan my time properly. Naturally, I was late, though for only 10 mins. I was sleepy too, as I had stayed up to watch 3 shows in a row, American Idol, Blade and Miracles.
Let me tell u then tt American Idol was an absolute riot! I totally symphatize wif Simon for saying the show shld be renamed American Idol 3: The Deluded. There was a whole range of bad singers and cliche acts. Some had voices tt didnt fit them (think a guy gyrating and squeaking out Oops, I Did It Again by Britney Spears) and some tt tried to over-do the fact tt they cldnt sing (there was this woman who kept flinging her hair all over like Sadako on ecstasy). Aiyoh... I was laughing till I teared. Woohooohaaaahaaaa...
Then, there was Blade. An excellent vampire-slayer show. Lotsa fangs, blood and gore as the hero, Blade, whips out guns and vapourises vampires for killing his mum and creating him. A human-vampire hybrid tt supresses his urge for blood through doses of serum.
After tt, Miracles. A show abt this priest who's in charge of investigating miracles and discerning them from flukes of Science. He has vivid dreams of a coming apocalypse (including a real creepy one abt the sky raining blood), and joins an organization to stop the evil forces at work. Cool.
Oops... Eh er... hehe... Deviated.
Anaywayz, I was late when I met Cel, Cla and Fui at Clementi MRT station. We then took 96, which was absolutely packed wif ppl. There was a long queue, and even on the bus ppl were squeezed like sardines in a can.
We got off, then made a bee-line for the the talk area. We ended up wandering abt a little, and went on to see the various faculty booths as well as those for CCAs in the Exhibition Hall. The Faculty exhibition area was air-conditioned, and we strolled ared, picking up phamplets and the orange-and-blue NUS paper bag to dump the lot in. Then, we went next door to the Exhibition Hall, strolling among the CCA booths. There was lots of noise, ppl and even a student DJ whipping up some mean tunes. Undergrads were approaching and grabbing ppl, blurting out facts and figures in a bid to interest them.
I didnt know they had fencing. Hmm... Wld be nice to fence. Just like my heros the 3 musketeers from Man in the Iron Mask. Lol. :)
After tt, we sat for the Science faculty talk, and then the Admissions talk. Fui and Cla left b4 the Admissions one started. So, me and Cel stayed on. Later, we went to look for a place to have lunch while Fui and Cla accompanied Freda, who had just arrived.
Well, we cldnt find Mac, so we ended up at this canteen across the road. As we pushed open the doors to leave, I commented, "I cld get used to this. "
We met up wif the rest and then me and Cel went off to get the M1 bags. It's got lotsa nice stuff in it, including a CD Rom for Magic: The Gathering. It was at the King Edward VII Hall booth and we pretended to look interested as this guy yakked on abt why we shld stay at this hall. In the end, he finally gave us the bags and we ran off.
Met up wif the rest. Took the bus back to Clementi MRT Station. Had to stand for 18 MRT stations. My legs felt like wood.
Now tt I've been to NUS, I am seriously confused abt my future. I have no idea which course to take and am freaked out by the fact tt soon I might be there. Looking at the hostel charges kinda get me worried too. Sheesh. Cldnt I set up a tent somewhere on campus or smth?
Ah well. Live for the present. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment