To Eileen and her family: Deepest condolences on the loss of your Mum. Be strong gal, we're all behind you every step of the way.
I was really shocked the night before, when at 12.52am in the morning, I got out of bed to switch off my hp and saw the sms msg. I had to read it twice to believe it, it was just so sudden! I barely noticed it when my fingers automatically took over and I forwarded the msg on to Amanda.
Today I left the house at ard 6.45pm and took the bus to Interchange. I honestly didnt knw what to expect. Poor Eileen! To lose her Mum... I cld only hope tt she wldnt be too upset when we arrived at the wake later.
I met Dan and Cliffton along the way. They were heading to Hougang by bus while I was meeting Amanda at Boon Keng along NEL. I still felt weird, sort of in a daze.
Well, soon we arrived on time at Hougang MRT control station, where we met the others and took the bus. We walked along a row of private houses, then along a footpath tt rang alongside a grassy field. We finally reached the lighted area, and I didnt know what to expect.
There was Eileen, smiling at us when we arrived. She wasnt too upset, and of tt I was really glad. Each of the girls gave her a tight hug, then we sat down at some tables joined together.
So the rest of the service proceeded, after which some of us gave some money and then sat down to eat. Then, at ard 9pm, me, Amanda and some of the girls got up to leave. Both of us walked towards the MRT station, talking through the darkness.
And so I went home. Thinking back abt it now, I cant help but ponder life and death. It seems the older I get, the more I think abt the mortality of the loved ones ard me.
Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment