Tuesday, June 15, 2004

I feel it's changing, I stay the same
I'm... a solo cello outside a chor-us
I've got a secret,
It's time for me to tell that you've been keeping me warm

Just sweet beginnings and bitter en-dings
In coffee city, we borrowed hea-ven
Don't give it back, I've never felt so wanted
Are you taking me home?

You tell me you have to go...

[chorus]
In the heat of summer sunshine
I miss you like nobody else
In the heat of summer sunshine
I kiss you, and nobody needs to know

-The Corrs, Summer Sunshine

I suppose this is one of those songs tt u use to describe holidays. Sun and well...fun. But for all of us JC 2 students, it's mug mug mug... *sigh*

Oh well, I suppose this song's been stuck in my head for quite a while, cos Ive been contemplating whether or not to get a Corrs cd. I mean, Ive got most of the albums of the few artistes I like, but not the Corrs tt Ive liked from way back in sec sch.

So it's either I get "Borrowed Heaven" or "The Best of the Corrs", both of which are out in cd stores as we speak. I was thinking mebbe the latter cos it's got all their hits like "We Are So Young Now" and "Breathless", but no "Summer Sunshine". So I dun know. Perhaps I'll wait another billion years till their next hits cd. They're so good, Im sure they'll still be ard. :)

In the mean time, mug mug mug. Ive been reading the papers lately, and they're going on and on abt the problems encountered by students entering U this year. Seems like some ppl have been selfishly hogging places in both Us, depriving the rest a place and in the meantime creating a lot of anxiety.

Also they've mentioned how students who dun make the cut are given a 2nd chance through interviews or essay-writing to allow Us the opportunity to "select" the students they want. And what do they want? Ppl wif passion, leadership qualities, creativity, though how they define all of tt they dun really say.

I mean, MOE tells us right before we enter U tt they want to see how immersed we are in activites outside the classroom, excluding CCAs. Tts absolutely fine, except tt they shld have told us earlier! I mean, at least tell us 2-3 years before implementation what they want, not right now! Tts just too late! U want us to what, climb a mountain or take part in intensive essay-writing competitions just to prove tt we're passionate and creative. Tts just crap.

And what of the ppl who dun make the cut in either areas. What shld they do now. Yah sure go overseas right? Sure... As if everybody can afford tt!! I mean, it's like throwing them in limbo. Sort of like stuck wif no idea how to progress forward.

I suppose Im apeaking out for many ppl out there. Haha... Honestly Im pretty freaked out myself. And unlike most ppl I knw, I dun have the option of going overseas...

So, Ive been considering a few options in the event I dun get into a local U. These are:

1)Get a loan to study overseas.

2)Go to a polytechnic to get a diploma.(Not tt I know if it's possible but this is just theory.)

3)Give up on further education and get a job, including:
a)Being an air stewardress. (Haha to this one, my Mum's stupid suggestion.)

b)Being an entrepreneur and starting a business. Ive always wanted my own pet shop or aquarium.^_^

c)Going on "Singapore Idol" and getting a singing contract. Yes, u can ALL stop laughing now. Wait till I become the next William Hung and cut an album of my own.

I dun know. Haiz. I'll cross my fingers, pray REALLY hard, and hope for the best.



No comments: