Vindicated
by Dashboard Confessional
Hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Winding in and winding out
The shine ahead has caught my eye
And roped me in so mesmerizing
It's so hypnotizing
I am captivated
I am
(Chorus)
Vindicated
I am selfish
I am wrong
I am right
I swear I'm right
Swear I knew it all along
And I am flawed
But I am cleaning up so well
I am seeing in me now
The things you swore you saw yourself
So clear
Like the diamond in your ring
Cut to mirror your intention
Oversized and overwhelmed
The shine of which has caught my eye
And rendered me so
Isolated so
Motivated I am
Certain now that I am
(Chorus)
So tired of the corners of your lips
Part them and feel my finger tips
Trace the moment for forever
Defense is paper thin
Just one touch and I'd be in
Too deep now to ever swim
Against the current
So let me slip away(X3)
So let me slip against the current
So let me slip away(X4)
(Chorus)
My hope dangles on a string
Like slow spinning redemption
Gosh I love this song. It's from the Spiderman 2 OST and was the first song tt accompanied the credits at the end of the movie. Yup, Im the type who stays back in the cinema to listen to the music. Some of its really good. Like the last time I watched Troy, I heard a Josh Groban duet wif another singer called "Remember".
Anywayz, this is the perfect song to describe my day. Cos today I had to go to the principal's office regarding my results.
Of course I was nervous. Who wldnt be? Sitting on the couch outside the principal's office. Seeing ppl go in and out. Miss T sat wif us on a roller chair, a stack of practicals perched on her lap as she bent over and marked them. She kept saying tt she was gonna have to see the principal too. What wif the first time in 6 years tt a form class of hers had produced 6 failures. She seemed disappointed, but still managed to joke ard a bit here and there.
Mark went in first, followed by Wei Xiang, Eileen, Chin Ru, and then me, after which came Amanda. I cld feel my heartbeat quicken as I rapped on the door, then called out in a sickeningly sweet voice, "Good morning Mrs Lim."
Mrs Lim was seated at her desk, and I sat next to her. She shuffled a pile of papers on her desk, then drew out one wif my name on it. Scribbled on it were 4 little paragraphs. 4 sets of comments from each of my subject teachers.
"Hmm...," she mumbled as she read the scrawly handwriting. I tried to crane my neck a little for a quick peep but cldnt make out the words. So I waited, nervously clutching my hands together in a vice-like grip.
After abt 1 minute, she began telling me certain highlights such as "inconsistent efforts" and "keeps to herself most of the time" and "quiet in class". I inwardly sighed. Tts old news. The whole damn world knows how zi bi I am by now. Cant help it. Just my nature.
Then, she began probing me for questions. I knew she was studying me closely, so I tried to put on a brave front. I smiled and told her abt how I slacked in June (yeah, which was true). Then she began telling me study tips such as drawing diagrams and such. I just spent my time nodding and trying to look attentive. Had to let her know tt I was taking this all seriously. I didnt want her to take too long keeping me there.
Finally, the worst was over. She made me promise tt I'd do better, and tt I'd be grounded in the sch library. Apparently, tts mean staying back in sch till 7.30pm. Every single day. No going home. No sleeping. No life.
My brain gave a silent scream then, but my face remained blank. Ok, I'll sneak off.
But there'll be a teacher watching over us.
Damn.
So I left the office, thankful anyway to have come unscathed. I had thought I was not going to be allowed to sit for my As, which really sucks cos Im so close to getting it over and done wif.
So I feel vindicated, like Ive been given a second chance.
As the song goes, hope dangles on a string, like slow spinning redemption.
No comments:
Post a Comment