Sunday, August 08, 2004

Honcho was two kilometres gone. Two and a half. Doing at least three hundred kilometres an hour, his tyres billowing black smoke. The Sweethearts were converging on the car, drawing weapons from their pockets. Miguel's lips were drawn back from his teeth.

"Time to go,"whispered Mona, dropping the accelerator and lifting the clutch. The Z12 shot forward like Thor's hammer across the sky. The nitrous injection slammed Mona and Ditto back into their seats. If the headrests hadn't been padded, their craniums would have cracked like eggshells. Vision was distorted, colours ran and blended. Nothing was clear, except the track.

Mona locked her wrists, keeping the wheel steady. Everything on either side dissolved into speed trails, but ahead the track was a solid black strip, with Honcho's charger growing ever larger in the crystal windscreen. Compared to the Z12, Honcho's car may as well have been in reverse, though the Bulldog could not have known that. He was already firing victory flares out the window.

Check yout mirror, lame brain, thought Mona. See what's creeping up on you.

It seemed as though Honcho did just that, because his twin exhaust pipes flared blue as he injected the nitrous into his engine. The Bulldog charger lurched forward, another fifty kph added to its speed. It was too late, the Z12 was an automated bullet burning down the track like lightning from the belly of a storm cloud.

"Amazing," said Mona, the word jittering between gritted teeth. "This thing is an animal."

Sorry. Haha. End of preview. U cant expect me to type down the entire book, do you? Just a little portion to get u all interested. This is the part when 2 characters from the book, Mona and Ditto, are caught up in a drag race between 2 rival gangs. Caught spying on the proceedings of the illegal race in an abandoned factory, they are forced to represent one gang by driving their car. Problem is, it's a stolen prototype tts not been tested before, and thus has the potential of careening out of control at ridiculously high speeds before slamming into one of the factory walls.

Let me just do some explaining. This was taken from Eoin Colfer's latest book, The Supernaturalist. If u have no idea who he is, he's the author of the Artemis Fowl series, which has been compared to JKR's Harry Potter series. Bottom line is, it's a very good book, I love it, and Im a glad to be it's owner thanks to my Kino voucher.:) So if anyone of u are interested, you can borrow it from me. Spread the joy of a good book, I always feel.

I actually finished the book the week before, but only had the time and energy to type it down now. I know it's the National Day weekend and all, but Im still up to my armpits in HW and stuff. Though I admit I have been watching lots of TV. Namely keeping up on my fave anime, Gundam Seed, and realising Im gonna miss another crucial episode cos of Bio prac this coming Sat. Oh, cruel, cru-el world! Wh-y?! *bangs head on table*

Ive also gone shopping and bought myself a new jacket. Bout time too, since I have this nasty tendency to freeze during exams in the LTs. I just hate it when Im rushing for time and sneezing at the same time. Sometimes I lose momentum or forget some of the things I need to write down. Sheesh. Then I have to rummage in my pockets for a tissue, wasting even more valuable time. How damnable.

Also spent some time this weekend trying to get the residue nail polish off my nails. Gah. Me and Amanda had intended to paint out nails alternating shades of red and white for National Day celebrations. But I backed out cos she brought the nail polish home and I had accidently smudged mine. Tried repainting it again, but then smudged it once more. In the end, had to spend some time on Sat picking off the red bits and scrubbing it off wif a cotton-bud dipped in nail-polish remover. Hate the smell. Reminded me of yeast suspension.

Ah well. Tts all for now. Have to go muggy for chem.

Bye.

No comments: