Meant To Live
-by Switchfoot
Fumbling his confidence
And wond'ring why the world has passed him by
Hoping that he's meant for more than arguments
And failed attempts to fly, fly
(Chorus):
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Somewhere we live inside
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
Somewhere we live inside
Dreaming about Providence
And whether mice or men have second tries
Maybe we've been livin with our eyes half open
Maybe we're bent and broken, broken
(Chorus)
We want more than this world's got to offer
We want more than this world's got to offer
We want more than the wars of our fathers
And everything inside screams for second life
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live for so much more
Have we lost ourselves?
We were meant to live
We were meant to live
Presicely. We were meant to live for so much more. Not just tests and exams and sch life. Gosh I hate this pre-exam period. Eat, sleep, mug... Blah blah blah.
Looking back this past week, I find it's been one of ups and downs. Actually more like descending, then a little peak for the weekend.
After all, it did start out pretty good, what wif the long weekend holiday and all. And Spore Idol. And Banana Man to cheer me up. *winks*
Then there was the ongoing sch week and the usual routine. :P
Then it got really depressing by the time fri came cos all week I had been struggling to keep up wif my workload. I got really depressed on fri morning. I was moaning and groaning to my mum tt I was gonna flunk my prelims one more time and basically just get myself s****ed. Haha. She got really worried though, cos I already resembled a sad panda wif eye-bags. I finally cheered up cos I went shopping wif Amanda later tt afternoon (skipping library curfew) for her friend's bday prez. It's nice to go into Precious Thots again and see all those cute, squishy doggies and ponies. :)
Anywayz the main thing tt really got me sad was the lack of understanding from some teachers. I mean, u try ur best to do all the extra stuff they pile on u, and yet they say ure not doing enough. Or when u pass up ur work they dun take much time to mark it and instead scribble "seen" on the paper. I mean, try and imagine doing all tt extra stuff and not getting any encouragement. Basically it wld wear anyone down. I know they expect us to do better or they dun have time to mark the assignments we pass up, but sometimes... I feel a little pat on the back cld go a long way.
So anyway, enough gloom and doom for one blog entry. Haha... Ive finally gotten my VCD player fixed so I can finally watch movies again! Yipee...Must get my claws on the pirated "Alien VS Predator" movie. No cuts. Full gore. All right!
One must not over-stress the brain. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment