Prelims are over,
The battle is won.
Throw away your books,
And lets have some fun.
-Ode to the End of Exams
The hall was deadly quiet. There were hardly any sounds, except for the rustle of paper, the scribble of pencils and the occasional cough or sigh.
I was trying to concentrate hard. I mean, it was the very last paper, and I wanted to make this one count. I personally detest chem paper 1s. Its only MCQ u may say, but the questions are tricky, and the options sometimes similar so much so tt they seem identical. Then there's the occasional bizarre compound tt they throw at u and expect you to know the properties of.
Horrible. Yucky. Blagh.
Anywayz, there I was, pencil flying across the paper, scribbling hard and fast, trying to beat the clock. I was glancing alternately between clock and paper, paper and clock. Ok... Ok... There! Done! I flipped the pages over, intending to double-check 2 funny problems I had encountered in front, only to hear Mr Ong say ,"Stop. Put down your pens." Just like some police-officer arresting a criminal, I felt.
Yeah well, it was over, and though I didnt have time to check all my answers, I sure was glad. It was like an enormous burden had slipped from my shoulders. No more mugging, freedom to do whatever I wanted, and most imptly, to go out and have some fun.
Most people in the hall tt day probably had their last paper over too. It seemed as though everyone was impatiently waiting for the teachers to collect the answer scripts. And was it me, or did I hear someone yell, "Whoohoo!" at tt point. Right after most of the scripts had been collected. Haha. Wld have done it to. :)
After tt, went out wif Amanda. To Orchard to watch the movie "Saved!" at cineleisure. We were late and had to find out seats using her handphone torchlight. It was a damn funny movie. I laughed and laughed and laughed.
Also had my first Dairy Queen Oreo cheesecake Blizzard. It was delicious at fist, especially the cheesecake bits in the vanilla ice-cream and oreo pieces. However, it got a little too sweet for me near the end, and I felt like throwing up. I have this thing abt sweet food, never cld stomach too much sweet stuff at one go cos it fills me up easily. I was moaning SOS and there was still alot left. Finally managed to force most of the remaining food down.
Oh and we also found this shop called "Sasa" at Wisma Atria tt sold perfume. Mostly branded ones like Estee Lauder, Lancome and Givenchy. The special thing was tt there were testers for most of them, which is kinda rare since most of the time in shopping centres they only let u try some when ure seriously buying. So we were going ard, sniffing all the testers, spraying them on the paper strips and on our hands. So much so tt the book I was carrying smelled like air refreshener when we left the shop.
Oh yeah, one of the perfumes, Im sorry to say it's Estee Lauder's Poison, smelled like toilet cleaner. I dun know why, but the first thing tt came to my mind when I inhaled was those 2 words, toliet and cleaner. It had this ammonia undertone, which u all know is a component of cleaning fluid and well pee...
They also sold these minature bottles of branded perfume, prices ranging from $10 to $20. My guess is tt they're sample bottles for the perfumes, and are not usually sold (I think it may be illegal). Anyway, some minatures were exactly like the bigger perfume bottles. They were so adorable, some with little boxes too. Im eyeing the one for Estee Lauder's Beyond Paradise. The scent's not fantastic but the rainbow-hued bottle is so chic.
Anyway, the woman was really rude. There we were, trying out the perfumes, when she approached me and very loudly (and rudely) asked,"Can I help you." It was more like a death threat than an offer for help. Obviously meaning: U guys are not buying so get out!
We stayed on, unfazed. Hey, we can be customers too, you know.
After tt, the usual, went home for some R&R and to read the book I borrowed from Orchard Library tt same day.
No comments:
Post a Comment