Friday, October 08, 2004

Haiz long time never blog liao. Not tt I ddun want to. just tt Ive been sick this past week.

It all started on Tues...

Day 1: Tuesday

I was fine in the morning, but come afternoon I began to feel ill. My body was aching all over, down to the very marrow of my bones, and my head was throbbing. Had a slight fever too. Skipped GP post-mortem and took the bus home. I felt so bad I cldnt walk properly. Slept, then got up and felt better.

Day 2: Wednesday

Felt giddy in the morning and my forehead was till hot. Fever came back so went to the polyclinic and ended up missing the bio slide review. Doctor turned out to have come from TJ too. Lol:) However, my symptoms were weird. Had no sore throat or cold to account as the source of the fever. Just the bone aches. Had to go for a blood test. The murse who drew blood from me was a very nice middle-aged woman. She was so skilled at performing an injection tt there was only a slight sharp pain. Was quite fascinated to see my blood swirling in a test tube. The results indicated a low white blood cell and platelet count.

Day 3: Thursday

Medication helped somewhat, so had the energy to attend GP mock exam. However, half-way through the compre suddenly began to shiver uncontollably. Cld barely think or write. Grasping my pen was difficult as my hand was trembling. Fingernails turned blue. Continued to shiver all the way home. Fever hit a high of 38.9 degrees.

Day 4: Friday.

Skipped school to go for my second blood test. Early in the morning threw up and nearly blacked out. All I saw was blackness and the sounds around me became more mute. Recovered only when I lied down for a while. As for the blood test, it determined tt I had some sorta viral fever. Temperature reached a high of 39.2 degrees. Doctor thinks it might be dengue fever since my platelet count dropped from 296 to 196. Might need to be hospitalized shoud it drop to a 100. The nurse tt performed my blood test was young and not as skilled. It was so much more painful when she performed it, and I bled more even wif the plaster on.

Haiz. Still have to go for a third blood test on Monday to see if my body's immune system has overcome the virus. Which means I'll have another 3rd hole in my arm. I sure hope tt this doen't continue or I wont have much blood to spare. Even more, I sure hope it isn't dendue fever.

No comments: