Saturday, November 27, 2004

"Ohhh the lies, the lies!" I cldnt help but think as I gazed down at my testimonial. Honestly, Im not tt good. Haha. Definitely not in tt suger-coated, wholesome sort of way.

I dun know abt u, but I find testimonials a waste of time. Of course everyone will have a statement of what an exemplary pupil they are. No teacher wld in his or her right mind sabotage a student's first leap in life by giving them a lousy commentary. Unless you truly were the devil incarnate, of course.:) A valiant effort Miss T, and behalf of all us angelic mortals down here, we salute u!

Anyway, today went for facial. Yah, I know, cant believe it myself. One of my mother's efforts to beautify me, which didnt go down wif me tt well. "Nooo, I dun wanna go for some lousy facial. Waste time. Waste money..." It was actually just a free trial. But, knowing the sneaky way tt they ply u to buy their products, most times u end up signing up for or buying things u dun need.

So we went for a 3pm appointment at this place called "Bella", located in the OCBC Building near TM. The whole thing didnt last more than 20 mins, and it was kinda relaxing at first. The beautician slathered something on my face, then used some sort of facial scrub to rub it off. Then, she put on a layer of honey-almond cream on my face, then scrubbed it off again. Finally, she coated my face wif a face mask and left me to lie there for 10mins in the room, listening to the relaxing strains of music from the ceiling speakers.

I got up after she left, looked at the mirror at the back of the closed door, then thought to myself,"Oh my God..." Basically, my face was white, wif large circles of bare skin surrounding my eyes and mouth. Freaky. Really freaky. The beautician later came back, rubbed it off, then told me it was all over. My face felt kinda cool. Rather pleasant really. But after tt things totally sucked.

Well, the lady-in-charge brought us into her office and began urging us to sign up for the student offer, $300, 5 sessions. My mother was quite keen, and kept asking me whether I wanted it or not. Finally, when she saw I cldnt decide, she asked for a card to call back later.

The lady then said tt she wld have to bring the price up to $388, the usual. What completely pissed me off was tt she was waving the deal in front of us in this really smug way, and I cld tell tt she was trying to push us into a corner to make the deal. She kept pushing me to decide it, but still I said,"Im sorry, I want to think abt it. "

She said some more things this time, mebbe hoping tt her pushiness wld force me to finally say "yes". In the end(by now I was getting a tad annoyed), I said one more time,"I want to think abt it. Im sorry." Still, she pushed and pushed, until finally my mother sort of tried to make the decision for me, and asked if a deposit had to be paid.

She looked really surprised when my mum said tt she didnt have any $$$ on her(which was true) and her eyes widened(I tell u, tt look on her face was worth much more than $300. Lol.) She now didnt have a choice and was forced to let us go. We smilingly accepted the name-card to call back later and prepared to leave.

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my handphone to call Dad to pick us up, so we were pretty much stranded at the beauty salon. We asked her to help us page for him at first but she said no, cos the manager wld complain(oh yah, btw her card said tt she was the manager so u can see what a liar she is). My mum pushed her, and she finally agreed. A few pages later, we left, me thoroughly pissed and saying tt I wld want to spend money only if I liked the person and tt I definitely DID NOT like her.

After tt, went library, and after sifting through books felt more relaxed again. Haiz. Now I can finally concentrate on trying on my new jar of hair wax. Lol!

No comments: