Monday, July 04, 2005

Today had to go back to SMU again. Haiz. I swear I am never gonna take the bus again. After that must still climb up the slope. Really terok. Worst thing was, half-way needed to answer the call of nature. Had to hold it all the way up. Eep.

I came today for my e-mentoring interview. They need to see if I am an upright and model citizen to ensure that I do not corrupt the minds of innocent children. Actually, judging from what most kids know nowadays, it should be the other way around.

Unfortunately, later I found out that they would not allow me to skip training day for it on the 7th, which clashes with my first NDP meeting for the usherers. However, I still sat for the interview, which was essentially done by this senior in one corner near the booth. He was really funny. Best thing is! He draws anime too! When I told him that was why I put "drawing" as a hobby, his eyes grew larger. Then, he asked me if I brought any sketches. I told him no, I left it all at home. Then he said ,"Me too."

I do draw anime, as well as other things. I usually sketch them randomly on pieces of paper whenever I'm feeling bored or I need to relax. I don't own a sketchbook, so my works of art are usually flying all over the house. Sometimes. they end up being used as scrap paper. Sob. My character's faces are criss-crossed with telephone numbers all the time.

After the interview, I spoke to the guy in charge. He said that it was compulsory for me to attend. Hence, in the end I had to drop out of e-mentoring.

Luckily, anime guy suggested I go for the Touch Community SPA (Sports and Performing Arts) Programme in which we arrange roadshows to secondary schools to teach the kids about Internet safety. I went for the interview a little later at 1.30pm. It was one of the weirdest things I have ever encountered.

Firstly, I entered this room that was empty. There was nothing in it except the two interviewers. One was seated on a chair in front of the whiteboard. Next to him was another guy, who sat on the floor. I was standing behind this line of tape stuck on the floor. To my right, there was a box containing cables and a set of computer speakers. On my left, there were some props that I guess were used to audition the actors. I had signed up for the role of multi-media\sound crew. Guess being part of the backstage crew in TJ Drama has its perks. People tend to take me seriously when I sign up for stage-related stuff.

Anyway, they asked me some questions, focusing mainly on the set of values I live by as well as what I consider appropriate in a relationship. The worst part was when they asked me if I thought I was a role model for kids.

Me? A ROLE MODEL? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...!!!

Well, I was perfectly honest with them. I said simply that though I did not do anything as exemplary as going overseas to re-build communities or things like that, I am a stable character. In a sense, I don't drink alcohol, take drugs or smoke. They seemed satisifed.

They also gave me a little test, and I'm not sure if I passed it.

They indicated the box and the speakers, and wanted me to hook up the speakers to the laptop on the floor near them. The catch, 5 minute time limit. By which time, they would have to be able to hear the song, which was a music video from Final Fantsy X2.

The result: I overshot the time though I managed to connect the speakers and find the file containing the music video. However, no sound came out. It was later revealed to me that they had sneakily left the laptop and speakers on silent mode. Grrr...

Went around to sort out some other things, then went home. Indeed a tiring day, I sweated like a pig due to the heat.

Oh yes, I got in! I'm now in SPA too.

No comments: