Firstly, I realized that if Singapore celebrated Halloween, we would have 3 days off this week.
Secondly, Halloween is fun, so why don't we celebrate it? It's a Western holiday, but then again isnt Christmas too? However on second thought, maybe both celebrations cant be put in the same category. Christmas marks the birth of one of the oldest religions in the world, whereas Halloween is a festival with fuzzy Pagan roots.
Thirdly, Singapore is a rather restrictive place. I think that the government would have a heart attack if one day we all went around as devils, ghosts and vampires and visited each other in the dead of night. They'd probably see it as a serious threat to law and order.
So I come to the conclusion that we will never be able to celebrate Halloween, except in clubs and discotheques where all the freaky people hang out.
Anyway, today I went to SMU to do project work.
I wonder why I dont live in the school. Seriously, there's no such thing as a public holiday for me anymore. Lol.
Not going to bore anyone with the details though. Just wanted to feel sorry for myself. Waaaaah...
What a meaningless blog entry.
Haha.
Then again its a meaningless holiday for me.
Anyway, to all Hindus and people who REALLY have a holiday out there, HAPPY DEEPAVALI!

Bleagh. XP
No comments:
Post a Comment