Monday, April 24, 2006

What an utterly stupid day.

I woke up early this morning at 6.30am in order to rush down to Bukit Merah Central for my community service commitment. I was part of a production crew for the filming of an educational video on internet safety, such as the dangers of porn, meeting online strangers yada yada. My organization was Touch Youth Services, and its headquarters was all the way in the west!

So I travelled there on the 14 bus, took ages. I realized I was late, so I got off at Park Mall to take a taxi down. I arrived there at 9.10 am, just slightly late, only to discover that only 2 guys, Andy and Wei Yi, had arrived. The only other person coming was Marcella, and even then she was even later.

I expected everyone to turn up! And in the end? Only 4 came. Aaron started out by giving us a briefing. Then, Julian taught me how to set up the lights, tripods, and camera for shooting. He also gave me a little crash-course on lighting.

Then, after 20 mins of teaching me, Julian dismissed me!

So in short, after spending one and a half hours travelling there, I went for a meeting that lasted for a grande totale of...

45 MINS!!!

Does this make sense?

No...

Are they really idiotic for making me come down all the way for such a short period, when they were not shooting.

Yes...

Anyway, I called up Pat. He agreed to meet me after his meeting. In the mean time, I was to amuse myself.

The first thing I did was go off into the 7-11 in front of me. I got some mashed potato, and proceeded to the counter to make payment.

There was this old man in front of me haggling with the woman at the counter. He was asking her something. Everything was normal until she turned to me.

"Excuse me, are you paying for that? Do you have exact change."

"She" said that in a perfectly, low, masculine voice.

Okaaayyy...

So I walked over and peered more closely at the counter "lady". Upon studying his/her face, I discovered that he/she had rather masculine features. A thick jaw, heavy brows...etc, and a pigtail wound down over her right shoulder.

Oh yeah, she had boobs too. XD

I concluded that the guy was properly a transvestite (guy in women's clothing with chest padding) rather than a transsexual (guy that has undergone surgery to become true female, along with vocal chord surgery and hormone therapy). Or perhaps he was in the midst of having hormone therapy. I did read somewhere that those who undergo such a procedure have oestrogen injections in order to grow breasts. If Im not wrong the hormone doesn't affect the vocal chords as they can only be shortened artificially through surgery.

Well, I left the 2 to haggle and made my way to orchard to do some shopping and then met up with Pat. We had dinner, then he sent me home.

It was on the way back on the MRT that I met another one.

The second she-him was not so obvious. Because he/she wasn't alone. There was a guy with him/her.

Well the first thing I noticed about him/her was that he/she was rather well-develped in front. (Now I DO NOT look at women's chests all the time. The thing is that he/she was obviously showing it off.) He/she was wearing a red knitted top that had low buttons to showcase her generous cleavage. However, he/she had a strange face. I didn't know why at first but it just struck me as odd. He/she also had long hair tied up in a bun and was wearing a pair of tight jeans.

Pat turned to see who I was staring at and then his head snapped back to the front.

P: 8O

R: ?

P: Don't look!!

R: What? It's just a woman.

P: That is not a woman.

R: Huh?

P: Have you ever seen such an ugly woman?

R: Oh hmm I thought she looked weird but...

P: -_-"

R: O.O

P: Haiz...

R: Cool! XD *turns to reflection on MRT door window to peep at "lady"*

P: @.@

We watched as he/she walked out of the MRT at Bedok. She was swinging her hips in an exaggerted manner, arm tightly curled around the man's arm to her right. They were around the same height too, though the "girl" seemed to be slightly taller than the guy. Haha...

All types of people you meet in this world.=)

No comments: