Saturday, July 22, 2006

Today went out with Cel and YS to sing KTV!! Tralalala...

Being the usual muddle-headed person I am, I once again over-estimated the time that it would take for me to reach Loyang Point, where we were supposed to meet. Before this, I had never even heard of such a place, until I asked Cel and she replied that it was in Pasir Ris.

I took my usual 225 bus to Bedok Interchange, then MRT to Pasir Ris. From the interchange, I took bus number 6 and reached there in uh... 10 mins? As a result I was there at arounf 1.15pm, 30 freaking mins ahead of our scheduled meeting time!!!

So I spent my time wandering around the place. Loyang Point is not really what I would consider a shopping centre. It more closely resembles Toa Payoh Interchange in terms of its air-conditioning and "locally-flavoured" shops. It is small too, only around 2 levels of shops. I finished browsing everything in less than 20 mins, including time for munching on a hot dog bun for lunch. After that, I headed to the Video-Ez outlet to browse some movie titles.

Then, both gals arrived and we headed for some singing. It was at this KTV lounge called "Party World". It looked a little old and there was a heavy stench of cigarette smoke which hung in the air. However, when we got into the slightly worn room, we were greeted with a selection of the latest songs and a great sound system.

The drinks were pretty good too! Bubble tea! And a membership card for 10% off only costs $10. Cheap cheap!

Anywayz, we sang for a damn long time after that. From 2pm to 6pm. 4 solid hrs! Wow! I mangled quite a few songs though, including this:

Final Fantasy VIII - Eyes On Me



After that, we stopped singing and went to Tampines to eat something nice. Ate at a restaurant called Din Tai Fung. Xiao long baos galore! Oh yeah... we also gobbled down noodles, fried rice, and this:


Something stuffed with pork and prawns. Yummy.

Thanks to Cel for the treat! Hehehe...

Then after that, a spot of shopping around Tamp Mall. We had to remind each other not to spend too much money, cos all three of us are living under the poverty line. Sigh...

After that, lots of waving and tender goodbyes, then home!!! =D

P.S. Hope ure feeling better, Gal! =)

No comments: