Things got slightly better today. It was a really long day though, I still wonder how I survived it. Haha.
I was in CAT (computer as an analysis tool) and RMSS (Research Methods in the Social Sciences) class with some friends. So phew, no invisibility for me today.
In fact, I was too visible. In the midst of CAT class, the prof called on me. I was so confused about Microsoft Excel (we have to learn that to do calculations in CAT)that I couldn't answer for a good 2 minutes. After an awkward silence, I blurted out the wrong answer, and she called on someone else.
Oh well, bad luck I guess. Haha.
Later on, RMSS was pretty cool. The prof gave us 2 samples of coke to drink in class. We were told to guess which was Coca Cola and which was Pepsi.
I got them mixed up. Haha. It was based on a real ad campaign by Pepsi in 1975. They approached people on the streets and asked them to test which sample of coke was better. They were not told which was Pepsi and which was Coca Cola. Most people picked Pepsi over Coca Cola.
Yet, Pepsi continued to garner only a mere 12% of the market share. So his question was, was the data inaccurate? Was the method of information collection wrong? Etc etc...
After that RMSS class, I ran off to Vivace, the school CCA festival. The concourse was chock full of freshmen, passers-by and CCA members from various booths trying to sell their CCAs. I was soon one of them, dressed in a black BLURT! polo tee and giving out magazines. Peiying, a friend from the logistics team, helped me.
Ok fine, we didn't have all work and no play. We did sneak off to get iced milo and relax in the air-conditioned BLURT! room. Hehe. Honestly, the noise and crowd can really sap your energy after a while.
After PY left at around 4.10pm, I continued on vigilantly. As 6pm neared, I heaved a sigh of relief.
The crowd was thinning, the ruckus was dying down, and the evening was coming to a close. Some other CCAs were already dismantling their booths. I left, cos it seemed the people at my booth still wanted to rest for a while.
But I didn't go home.
Instead, I went on a wild goose chase at Popular Orchard, Borders and Kino looking for my CAT textbook. As usual, the bookshop had failed to import enough copies so they won't be available till next week. And I have homework! Oh shite.
Yup, school's back in full swing once more.
No comments:
Post a Comment