Thursday, August 10, 2006

Today been feeling a little giddy since this morning. Took a nap and didn't feel any better. Oh dear... I wonder what's wrong with me. :p

Anyway, today went down to a CCA meeting at 7.30pm to plan for SMU's Vivace. It's basically a one-day event that showcases all the CCAs in school. We have booths and each year the various CCAs will do their utmost best to get "fresh blood".

The idea set up so far is that we send emailers, prepare gifts, organize competitions, and have games at the booth itself to attract attention. The event is going to be a real rah-rah affair, with freshies taking the day off to see what the various CCAs have to offer. It'll be a noisy and crowded, with people jostling to view the 100 or so booths along the entire stretch of the underground concourse.

So it was at the end of the meeting, we sat down to allocate tasks.

A to-do list was drawn up on the whiteboard of the GSR in which we all gathered. These included preparing gifts, materials and other stuff. So it was then that I observed a well-known aspect of human nature. =)

Well, we all known no two activities on the list is alike. Each varies in terms of difficulty level. I've seen how people react to such a situation in a group. Usually, they would choose the easiest tasks for themselves.

So it was that our group was divided into 2 camps. One group seemed to volunteer to do more, while the other handled the easy tasks. I belonged to neither. Haha. One of my seniors volunteered me to accomplish one of many on the list.

Find 700 pencils. Oh yeah, and one more thing. They can't have any paint or varnish on them. Lol. How amusing.

While I'm at it, why not source for rubber stamps too! That was said in a rush, since the meeting was coming to an end.

So it is now that I'm stuck as a sourcer. I don't really mind, since I have help from another girl. However...I am a little disturbed by the fact that no one else offered to help. Especially those who don't seem to do much. :p

Like I've said before, human nature. Perhaps they have valid reasons for not offering to help.

So for now, I'll just give them the benefit of the doubt...

No comments: