Saturday, October 07, 2006

Today had a fun day catching up with YS and Cel. Haha. Went to Cel's Soka Association Mooncake Festival Gathering.

I was late dammit! Woops a real bad on my part. Was supposed to meet at 5.30pm, but overslept and only got there at 6pm. Sorry gals! Had to take a taxi to go down. The haze was really bad that day. While in the cab, I could barely make out the cars and buildings in the distance.

We ate at Thai Express, where the soft-shelled crab curry tasted as delicious as ever. Then, we met up with Si Hui, Cel's friend, before going with her down to the Youth Association Building at Pasir Panjang. The gathering was originally supposed to be at the Singapore river, but due to the haze, it was moved to an indoor venue.

We played games, ate mooncakes, sang songs and generally had a really fun time. What I really enjoyed was the lantern-making competition. What I found strange was the sambal mooncake (yes, you heard me right, SAMBAL!!).

After ending the session, we played with sparklers, then went home.

A fund mooncake festival indeed.

No comments: