First off, let me wish YS all the best for her holiday in Taiwan. Have fun girl! =)
I really wanna slap myself cos I forgot to msg her. Gah! I was at work and it was a little overwhelming. It slipped my mind. Sorry sorry.
Anyway, like I said, first day of my internship today! I woke up early to reach there on time at 8.30am. The company is called Maxima Global, a recruitment agency. It's at City House in Raffles Place, next to Lau Pa Sat.
So nervous. I was super glad to see a fellow SMU intern there. Her name's Sharlene and surprise surprise, she's also from Social Science! Hehe. So nice to have a friend on the first day.
We waited outside as the door was locked and finally our boss walked in. He opened the door, did a brief orientation of the place and then let us settle ourselves. The office is very small and there's only about 10 employees in the company.
After a meeting with the boss, Mr O, we were soon put to work. Our job was easy but arduous. Basically, we had to check up on the profiles of some people on a list. This was done to verify their background before we shorlisted them as candidates for a job. Their profiles weren't easy to find though, and I found myself staring at the computer until my eyes blurred.
The hours slipped by, and before we knew it, the day finally ended. We weren't exactly done but at least we had survived the first day.
Good luck to me. One day down. Many more to go.
No comments:
Post a Comment