Just caught the NDP an hour or so ago, and it's the usual display of lights, doses of patriotic propaganda and what not. Honestly, it's the same thing every year, but for me I watch it cos it's something I look forward to. It makes me proud to be Singaporean, and I damn well will keep watching it, probably until the day I die.
Loved the costumes though, especially the very first item by Clementi Primary School, which I call "the one like Underwater World". Kids + cute aquatic animal costumes = an adorable performance. Its funny to see how some of them, decked out as starfish, anemones and fishes, momentarily broke their movements to wave at the cameras. Haha... kids will be kids! =)
As for the National Day Song sung by Kit Chan, I found it to be rather unique... in a weird way. If you look at the lyrics, you'll see how un-Singaporean it is.

Okay... It sounds like some sort of sing-along travel brochure, because of all the world-famous tourist sites mentioned in it. Apart from a hint of it being a place "where my family and my friends grew up with me", which could be anywhere, there's no mention of Singapore at all.
Oh well, Kit Chan made it sound nice though. Good for her!
Oh yeah if you ever get to watch the re-runs, look out for the MPs in the silly lion hats with the flashing LED light eyes. Comedy gold. XD
******
As for me, I spent the earlier part of today in a rather lethargic manner. Woke up this morning with an aching body, cramps and low energy levels. My sore throat had somehow morphed into something akin to a full-blown infection. My throat swelled, and the swelling spread all the way up to my cheek. I looked a bit like a lop-sided chipmunk.
Spent most of the day in bed, too lazy to move cos I felt like crap. Took naps on and off throughout the day.
Thankfully, after a trip out with my parents for dinner, I felt much better. The eating and swallowing had somehow hydrated the area, making it less dry and swollen. I also got myself a anti-bacterial mouthwash. After using it, drinking gallons of water and sucking on a lozenges, I was my usual "noisy" self at home again.
Hope I get better soon... I've been suffering from heatiness and sore throat for over a week now. Break record la! Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment