Done with my ethics test! Woot! That's a load off my mind. I expected the essay to be super cheem, but it was manageable.
I hope I pass.
Anyway, after the rest, the Prof decided to delight us further by showing us a video of Miss Ivy-Singh Lim. If you guys are not familiar with her, here's some info, which also spells out the reason for her talk at SMU.
Workplace fraud, in this case, fake degrees and credentials.
That topic aside, I must say she is a colourful person, who does things with conviction and purpose. I won't go into the details for and against her actions, cos that's not the point I want to bring up here.
What made me regard this lady in a new light was how undeniably frank she was, as well as how she has a clear set of personal guidelines on which she bases her decisions. In the past, I would simply criticize her as being naive, but now, I hardly think so.
If everyone were to have a clear set of guidelines for our words and actions, wouldn't that solve a lot of problems. We wouldn't need to fret everytime we made a decision that affects others, or whether the decision is moral or immoral. It would be a simple manner of simply sticking to our guns, and riding out whatever comes our way.
Of course, I'm not saying it's necessary to abide be your personal rules all the time. Rather, it's a little something we can consider when we need to make a choice.
However, I feel it all works out in the end if you know exactly what you are doing.
So perhaps I should start working on my personal guidelines today. Heh.
Whether I follow them consistently is another matter altogether.
No comments:
Post a Comment