Saturday, November 03, 2007

Today had my training workshop for T & D. I used to think that presentations were bad enough (being a lousy speaker myself), but this time is was even worse!

Had to facilitate class activities and a game. On top of that, had to more or less memorize my script too... which I eventually forgot anyway.

Came early in the morning, like 8am in the morning, to find Qiu Xin had already arrived. This was followed by Liyan, then JY. Elvinna was late, so we went on to open up the booked classroom. She eventually joined us later.

We had been working till 9pm to prepare the previous night, and I had gone home to prepare my speech and the presentation folder till around 3am in the morning. Strangely enough, I felt more nervous than tired.

We went on to rehearse, then before we knew it, class started. It was a make-up lesson on a sat, and many people were late. There was a slight delay before the first group started their 50 min workshop, followed by a short presentation on evaluation.

When it was our turn after the break, we were pretty nervous. Lots of crapping, singing and jumping about to loosen the tension. The fact that we were graded individually also put some pressure on us.

Expecially me.

Cos I would be the first one to go.

Now that I think about it, nothing much went through my mind when I opened the workshop. It was as if I was in a daze, just going through the motions of script, slides and activity. I had no problems getting the class' attention as it was a smaller class, and thankfully my fellow group members helped in facilitating the activities.

I finished with my icebreaker, then sat through the presentation. When the end of the workshop arrived, I once again facilitated an interactive quiz game for the ending. After that, I had to practically rush through the evaluation so that Liyan would be able to finish her meatier second part.

In the end?

1 hour 2 seconds. We just beat the clock, on the dot, save 2 seconds!

Phew.

I was soooo relieved when I could finally sit down as a member of the class again. One of my tougher presentations was over.

After that, when the class ended, went with Liyan to the Wellness Centre for some R & R. Then, headed for another MPW meeting that lasted till 7pm.

Still got a presentation for MPW on Mon, and Econs on Wed.

XP

No comments: