Monday, January 07, 2008

Well, school has started. Today I found myself stumbling back to the halls of SMU, which shall be my permanent haunt for the months to come.

Started off with the wonderful Personnel Selection, during which Prof G decided that he would start the term with a bang. He gave us a whole bunch of readings and even homework to do! Despite all this, he still had the cheek to flash on his powerpoint slide...

Have Fun. Relax as it's just the start of the term.

This was met by a peal of extremely sarcastic laughter. It just isn't natural when everyone sounds exactly the same when they chuckle.

"Har har har har..."

All this laughing was done with similar expressions of rolling eyes and raised eyebrows. It's relatively hilarious when it's just one person, but with an entire section of the class doing it, the effect was priceless.

Hehe.

After Personnel Selection, I had Abnormal Psychology. Prof L was formerly director and chief psychologist from IMH (aka Hougang Chalet to some). Having been there for oh, 34 years, he wasn't too normal himself. He kept cracking leng xiao hua, but some of them were relatively funny.

"Hi, I'm F. Long, and yes, I am short."

Rrrright...

Anyway, he's isn't too techno savvy, which probably explained why his powerpoint slides do not follow the golden rule of "Always summarize and put in point form." He actually placed whole paragraphs on each slide, which of course blurs the eyes and boggles the mind.


Oh my god...

Where do I start?

Is there even an end?

But his lesson, I must say, was pretty cool. He has plenty of stories to tell cos of his experience of working at the hospital, such as how he has witnessed plenty of so-called possessions by evil spirits.

"In all my clinical experience, I have never witnessed anything supernatural. Tell me, why does the demon disappear after the victim is counselled and takes 2 tablets a day?"

You rock, Prof L!

Hopefully the rest of the term rocks too.

No comments: