Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Today is officially the day when everything screws up.

Yesterday night, for some odd reason, my laptop batteries weren't charging when I plugged it into the mains. Upon closer inspection, I found that my charger was the csuse of the problem. It was emitting an odd continuous beeping sound, very much like a bomb timer from Hollywood action movies.

Fortunately, my charger did not blow up... but my laptop died. Thankfully, no school work was due the next day.

So it was that I left for school extra early today to get it replaced. It was raining heavily and I took out my umbrella. But for some odd reason, it got extremely windy and soon my umbrella was turned slightly inside out. I wasn't the only one. As I struggled to fold it into its original shape, a girl in front of me was doing an odd little dance with her umbrella as well. She was waving it from side to side as it turned completely inside out. No chance saving that one.

I reached the school building without incident, but as I was walking under a sheltered area, I overlooked a puddle on the ground. Thus, gravity took over and I slipped and fell, school bag, laptop, umbrella and all. When I picked myself up, my umbrella was broken. One of its spokes had snapped. So the irony is that even though I had saved my umbrella from the wind, I eventually broke it anyway.

I then went to a toilet to clean up. When I came out, the security guard had kindly put up 2 "Caution. Floor cleaning in progress" signs around the wet area. How helpful, after I had fallen...

And when I reached the CIT desk, I was told that I couldn't get my charger replaced for free cos my warranty had expired. I had to go to a computer store to buy a new one.

After that, I went on to do a test; which I scored horribly in. Then I stoned during my lessons and managed to return home in one piece.

Thus ending a day which I can only describe as a series of unfortunate events.

No comments: