"All people have to have a past. Everyone is burdened with something."It's only natural to be envious of people who appear better off... I've felt this way myself. But what happens when envy leads to hurtful words and actions.
I can never know for sure what sort of issues the person next to me is going through, unless he or she turns to tell me. Just as I cannot claim to know exactly, I cannot come to judge accurately.
Some people believe that I have something that they lack but need... Others think that I don't face problems like they do. As such, I deserve to be made unhappy.
Thus the snide comments and the harsh treatment, sometimes in my face but mostly behind my back.
What they don't see is my own share of difficulties. Life is like a balance. The good is always weighed in with the bad. No one's life is perfect... To me, everyone has their own burden to bear which is equally heavy, whether they themselves realize it or not.
Hmm...
For me, I keep troubles to myself if I don't feel comfortable sharing them or don't want others to worry... Besides, no one can deal with personal things except myself.
But does that mean I have any less troubles than you do, or live a more perfect life? How can you know for sure when I didn't tell you myself?
Somewhere in this world, there will always be someone who seems better or worse off. However, one can never know for sure that they aren't fighting their own battles. As such, I find that being obsessed with envy and hurting someone because of it is senseless.
Why not spend the time and effort solving your own problems? Or better yet, why not count your blessings that others may never come to possess, even the person you are envious of.
No one deserves to be treated as a mere benchmark.
So I often wonder... are you really friend or foe?
Please don't make things more difficult.
Dedicated to the few people who have said or done things intentionally to hurt me in the past... and perhaps (who knows) in the present.
No comments:
Post a Comment