Thursday, October 23, 2008

Went to school today for a project meeting with Hui Fen and Linghui. We had lunch before wandering around the school looking for a place to discuss. For some reason, the school is getting really packed these days. Must be all the dragon babies. Gah.

Anyway, we managed to find a place in the library and fiddled with the statistics. Well... I like Psychology, but damn I hate the data analysis component. You have to measure things like variance, means, mode etc and test this test that. Basically, I get confused by which method to use to process the data. I am a Maths idiot, so this comes as no surprise.

So after a wonderfully frustrating afternoon of playing with the programme, I managed to get the output I needed. I was kinda drained, so I decided to just conk out in the library before sending out the summarized results. I rested for an hour before managing to get my brain to kick-start again. I groggily sent out the results, then left for home.

On the way back, I went to 打包 dinner, which may soon become a thing of the past.

Why, you ask? Well, simply because things are getting more expensive. I mean our inflation rate is a freaking 6.7%! The price of everything has gone up, and my family has especially felt the pinch ever since the hawkers in our local food centre started raising prices. My mum doesn't cook, so most of the time we eat out. On top of that, some of the portions of food they serve have shrunk to pathetic amounts. Mum's seriously considering cooking at home again, even though it's just 'for herself, my dad and me. Cooking for 3 is not really worth the hassle.

As she said so herself with a sigh, gone are the good old days when things were cheap.

No comments: