Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Today I'm in school for a make-up lesson. I was in school yesterday as well, for the same reason. Somehow study break has been converted into make-up lesson break.

My exams are next weeeeek! So I think I shall have to sleep with the textbook under my pillow, and hopefully dream about the contents as a form of revision.

On a separate note, I've become rather addicted to casual games lately. So let me just recommend a casual game website.

Playfirst!

When I say casual games, I mean something along the lines of Lemonade Tycoon. You can play some of the games online (up to a certain level), download the one-hour trials, or purchase a game for US$19.95 (hopefully not too expensive these days when converted into Sing). Reviews by existing users also allow you to gauge the content or quality of each game.

You may think that 1 hour trials aren't much, but it's enough time to enjoy some of the games. One good thing about this site is the variety and types of games available (action, strategy, simulation etc), so you can try out a whole bunch at one go. A lot of them are point and click games, so it's necessary to have a sensitive mouse, a good mousepad and fast reflexes.

My personal favourites are the following.

Cooking Dash


You control a waiteress and have to cook and serve customers as fast as possible. It's part of the Diner Dash series, which is a classic in the arena of time management games. They also have spin-offs like Parking Dash, Wedding Dash, Fashion Dash and even Fitness Dash!

Virtual Villagers: The Lost Children


A simulation game in which you have to help a tribe flourish. When I say flourish I mean reproducing, building homes and developing technology. Your tribe has to pass specific milestones along the way, such as creating fire etc. You can only get a limited feel with the 1 hour trial, since the game progresses in real time. However, it's still fun!

Mortimer Beckett and the Secrets of Spooky Manor


A hidden object game where you search for objects in pictures. This one goes one step further by making you find parts of the object that need to be pieced together. At the same time, you have to solve puzzles that will lead you to the different rooms of the haunted manor.

All the games should be able to run on most computers, since my ancient laptop can handle them. You can sign up to be a member for free. I'm one myself since they sometimes request you to sign in when downloading a game trial.

So anyway give the website a try! Some of the games are Mac compatible too.

PLAYFIRST

No comments: