The first thing I discovered, upon taking my virgin step into school today, was how quiet it was.
Usually, you'd see booths set up promoting events, and loud music would be blaring in the background. But today... all the booths were oddly quiet. There were the usual banners and stuff, and even a video. However, the mood struck me as somewhat sombre, resulting in this surreal start to what would be my last term in school. Perhaps the economy was already taking its toll...
I did some miscellaneous stuff, got my usual pre-lesson shot of teh bing, then skipped off for my first lesson, some sort of inter-cultural understanding course. The class started on an upbeat note, and we all had a hilarious time watching this video.
Do you know the American handshake?
We also did a quiz on what countries we had travelled to recently. I looked at my list. It was kinda depressing, to say the least.
What countries have you recently been to?
1) Malaysia
2) Indonesia
3) Pulau Ubin (added in to make it look slightly longer)
I seriously wonder if I can do well in this course. O.O All my experience has been with other Asians, not ang mors.
After that, I headed over to my next lesson, a law class. It was pretty interesting... though a little dry at times due to its technical nature. The Prof then let us off early, and I sure as hell was glad.
I ate my dinner, looking around at the other students around me. Many of them were chatting excitedly, bitching about Profs and school work. I listened for a bit and chewed thoughtfully.
A few months ago, I would have been like them. But now that I'm on the verge of leaving, I feel oddly detached. I just can't be bothered anymore. Problems? Let the next generation handle it.
And at that moment, I suddenly felt old.
No comments:
Post a Comment