Thursday, January 15, 2009

My trusty little IBM broke down last Sunday.

Waaaaah...

Everytime I turn it on, a black screen appears with the words "fan error" in the top left hand corner. Then, the computer shuts itself off without completing the start-up process.

Oh my IBM, how can I live without you?! It was my very first laptop, and so far has served me faithfully for the past 3 years. I was hoping to retire it and use it for gaming after finishing school, but I guess that's impossible now...

As a result of this, I haven't been blogging much... or should I say at all. I draft a lot of posts in school cos once I get home, I'm usually too worn out to think properly.

On top of that, I feel so exposed in class. With my lappie, I could duck my head everytime the lecturer threw the class a question... No eye contact means a lower chance of being called upon to answer. Now, I feel like a sitting duck. Thankfully it's only the beginning of the term, and the profs haven't taught enough to ask yet.

Haiz... It's amazing how attached I am to this little machine. It's old, laggy and one corner of the screen is cracked (I've dropped it a few times before). Still to me, it's even better than a fancy new Macbook. I can still recall the many hours I spent on it, watching youtube, chatting online, or labouring over schoolwork. It's been my entertainment and education centre for so long now; and never once failed me (no memory loss, no sudden crashing, no hanging at crucial times ike exam periods etc etc.).

I'll miss it a hell of a lot.

I wonder if it'll miss me too.

No comments: