Monday, June 29, 2009

Pat has gone home today. He left early this morning for the 10.10am flight back to Shanghai. From there, he's gonna head back to Suzhou by either train or car.

So at the end of all this, I suppose I should reflect on the time spent together in a meaningful manner. After all, the next time I see him will probably be a year from now.

I summarize the experience as such.

1. Spending Quality Time

During his 3 week stay here, we pretty much did the things that we like in common. Mainly, it was bumming around, watching downloaded movies on his Mac and gobbling up yoghurt. We also watched plenty of South Park, and I must say I have become a fan.

Photobucket

2. Going Out

Another thing we did was go out to watch movies such as the below-mentioned Terminator: Salvation and Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. We also went to the Video Games Live! concert since we're both computer game fans. Despite the hot weather, we also managed to take a trip to the zoo.

Apart from going out for fun, we went out together to da bao meals for the family at the nearby food centre as well. Then there were the few trips to the supermarket to buy drinks and snacks.

Photobucket

3. Living Together

After a while, he got used to the routines of my family, and I got used to him being around 24/7. We picked up on each others' habits, likes and dislikes and the little personality quirks that mark everyone as unique individuals. It really takes living with someone to see a person's true colours. After all, you can't possibly fake a nice personality around the clock. Everyone's bound to have their on and off days now and then.

Photobucket

So that pretty much sums up our short co-habitation stint.

Until next year then.

No comments: