Wednesday, July 08, 2009


I couldn't help but think as I walked past a DVD shop today... that it's the end of an era.

They were playing Michael Jackson's music video of "Smooth Criminal" and people were gathered around, watching. It was surreal at first, as if suddenly everyone in the world had become a fan.

Yeah sure... MJ was messed up towards the end. His eccentric habits, lawsuits and ever-changing face probably made even his staunchest fans go what the hell? People labelled him a freak and a paedophile... but even those who hated him had to admit, he has and always will be, extremely talented. Like Mozart and Van Gogh, most people realized this fact only after he died, hence this sudden outpouring of grief at his passing.

I myself grew up watching him do his magic on stage and in music videos, and feel sorry that he's gone... He's probably moonwalking someplace else now, and there's nothing left for us here but an empty stage.

So RIP MJ. Hopefully now in death you'll finally have the peace away from the limelight that you've always wanted in life.

No comments: