There are live chickens at my school, EASB Henderson.
Seriously, there are.
A few days ago, I was waiting for the lecturer to open the classroom and was looking down from the 4th floor into the central compound. Suddenly, something brown and fidgety caught my eye. The creature stepped out from under a bush, and sure enough it was a chicken, probably a hen.
Live chickens are rare in urban areas, and now even in Pulau Ubin ever since the government cleared out chicken pens there because of bird flu. Usually, they may be found in less developed areas, but this was in the middle of a HDB estate. Truly weird.
And today as I was crossing the road from the bus stop opposite, I heard the sound of crowing. Another chicken, a fully grown rooster this time, was standing on the central divider, doing goodness knows what in the middle of two busy roads. Thus I found myself asking...
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Seriously, I have no idea.
No comments:
Post a Comment