Are you curious about things that go bump in the night?
By bump I mean... yes... paranormal activity. I've always found it fascinating, and everyone I know loves a good ghost story.
So, combine a love of the unknown and reality TV and you have "Ghost Hunters," where a group of amateur ghost hunters take it upon themselves to look into hauntings and other weird stuff. They call themselves TAPS (The Atlantic Paranormal Society), and they usually get a call from a client who wants some answers. They don't chase the entities away, they simply prove or disprove that something is there. Most of the time, it's up to the people who called them to deal with the spirits themselves, though they do provide advice.
Here's the pilot episode... where a mother claims to have 4 spirits in her house. One of them even got into a tug-of-war fight over a doll with her daughter. The mother's a bit of a drama queen though. This episode serves as an introduction to the team, whose founders have a day-job as plumbers.
Altoon Tantrum
Another interesting one that ups the creep factor... An old 8-storey lighthouse in Tampas, Florida. Interesting video evidence here... The team attempt to make contact with a spirit who haunts the lighthouse by sneaking up on it. I wouldn't blame the entity for avoiding them like it did, I'd be freaked out by being harrassed like that too. O.O
St. Augustine Lighthouse
Lastly, one in which there is no paranormal activity at all... but simply a man who has poor house management skills. Guess common sense isn't very common after all. This is the conclusion which pretty much sums up the findings cos there really is nothing strange going on.
Toxic House
What do I make of this this show... I dunno. I'm split 50/50 on this. Part of me wants to believe that this is proof that there is an afterlife However, another part of me is a skeptic who thinks that all this evidence could easily be faked. As the saying goes, if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.
However I do know one thing's for sure... and that this is great entertainment! XD
And maybe just maybe, as Shakespeare once said...
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."
No comments:
Post a Comment