Day 2
Following a sleepless night (I can't sleep in new places), I managed to get up for breakfast. We were out of the cabin by around 9am. We could already hear people in the hallway leaving for their meal.
We decided to head to the Medditerranean Terrace restaurant for the western buffet. The food was standard, but I can say the view was fabulous.
The restaurant is located on deck 12, right at the back of the ship. Our table was here in the al-fresco section, so we got plenty of sea air.
Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.
Our table. We were under a sheltered section but still open air.
Breakfast... first round by the way.
A gingerbread house. I wonder if anyone tried to eat it? It does look like its part of the buffet.
Once I got breakfast over and done with, I headed to deck 13, the topmost deck, for some picture-taking.
The helipad.
View out the back. The light is really pretty. You can see the trail left behind on the sea's surface by the ship.
And just below that, the kiddy pool area. I have my reservations about going into such areas since some kids are known to pee in swimming pools.
Another picture of the chimney, but in the day, see... I am boh liao.
There are a few of these on deck, just glass windows and frames with a bar in front. I have seriously no idea what they are for. My best guess is that they allow you to stand on deck without getting your hair messed up by the wind... Perfect for photo-taking, sunset-watching or kissing a loved one without swallowing your own or his/her hair.
Miniature golf. I think the parents are more kan cheong than the kids cos they were too busy hitting the golf balls in every direction but the hole.
A basketball court.
And of course, what deck wouldn't be complete without...
... the pool area!!!
Deck chairs as far as the eye can see. Not many people were seen sunbathing though.
Ah... nothing like a lovely jacuzzi. I dunno why but when I took this picture, I was suddenly reminded of dumpling soup. Hehehe...
The pool, and yes that is a giant water slide in the background. I personally called it the Water Slide of DOOM!!!
The Taverna, a bar overlooking the pool area.
We then left the restaurant. My dad decided to hang out on a deck chair while me and mum headed back to the cabin to relax. After watching Discovery Channel for a while (yay they have cable), all 3 of us met up for lunch. No pictures here though, cos I was charging my camera.
Our bellies full, we then made our way to deck 7 to rendezvous for our little trip to KL. We had signed up for a KL shopping tour. Soon enough, the ship docked itself at a Star Cruises terminal at Port Klang and we disembarked.
The ship heading full speed ahead towards Port Klang.
Docking. We had to scan our cards at this point so they could keep track of us.
The aero-bridge like walkway I talked about earlier.
A long walk.
Selamat datang!
We then got into a bus for the nearly hour-long ride to KL. Upon reaching there, the bus disgorged us in front of the Lot 10 shopping mall. I get a funny feeling in KL. It's so much like Singapore, yet oddly alien at the same time. The tour guide told us to wander about but be back at the bus by 6pm.
KL... It's like our CBD/orchard road, but stretched out because they have way more land in M'sia than we do in S'pore.
I didn't take many pictures, cos there weren't many nice shots apart from buildings and more buildings. We did wander around the shopping malls a bit, but couldn't find anything to buy. We were also far away from the Petronas Towers. In the end, we whiled away most of the time in a Starbucks coffeehouse.
A street scene.
Photographic evidence that we, indeed, did plant our butts outside Starbucks.
I know I have this manic look. Rest assured, I do not usually look like this. It's just the caffeine kicking in.
Before 6pm, we decided to head back to the bus. It was a long journey back, since it was evening rush hour and we got stuck in a jam. I was really happy to get back to the ship.
There she awaits.
These smaller boats help to guide the ship, probably so that it doesn't knock off part of a jetty whenever it docks.
Being late in the evening, we headed straight for dinner.
Everybody's hungry.
There's this whole Grecio-Roman Renaissance theme to the place.

My appetizer, smoked salmon rose. The ingredients aren't anything fancy, but the presentation does look classy.
My appetizer, smoked salmon rose. The ingredients aren't anything fancy, but the presentation does look classy.
The main course, something something trout something. This was followed by a dessert of single scoop vanilla ice-cream.
After dinner, me and dad went to watch the musical of "Little Mermaid," my favourite Hans Christian Andersen fairytale besides the "Little Match Girl." It was staged by an all-filipino drama troupe and was good. The costumes were great, and the leads had wonderful voices. They stayed true to the original ending, rather than the watered-down happy-ever-after Disney version. Once again, during the musical, the ship engines started as we began our journey back to Singapore.
My dad went to the casino, while me and mum went to bed. We wanted to be up early tomorrow for breakfast and for disembarkation.
No comments:
Post a Comment