Sunday, January 10, 2010

Went to YS's birthday party today. It was fun! I have some choice photos that I have shamelessly koped from her facebook album. Muahahahaaaaa... All photos copyright TYS 2010 ok?

The evening started with me waiting for Celvin to come pick me up. After that, it was a smooth journey to the chalet at Aloha Loyang. Once we were there, we encountered some major parking and traffic problems, but managed to come out of it unscathed (this includes the car too).

The chalet was one of a few encircling a compound with segregated gazebos for gatherings. The pit was located close by and the whole atmosphere was very warm and cosy.

The theme of the party was animal prints, thus explaining what we were wearing...

From left:  jungle print pants (Al), leopard print hair clip (Cel), tiger t-shirt (Kel), army jungle survivor shirt (Gal), elephant skin dress (me) and lastly zebra hide top and shorts (TYS).

A pile of delicious, tenderly-bbqed noms!

More noms... The food on the table from the left is bread, fried rice and chicken curry.

Everyone just hung about, ate and chatted. It was very relaxing.

Kel showing off his height.

Aluminium foil commercial.

Feeding time. Heh. Need I say more?

It was at this point that we took out the chocolate in a bid to make fondue.

Sinful just sinful...

Sad to say, I had to take my leave at this point. But I left in style, in a cab, with a stick of toasted marshmallows in chocolate sauce in one hand.

Last photo for the day. Best BBQ in Singapore and JB, and some say Batam.

But the fun continued, as can be gleaned from the following photos.

The welcome board. Pasted on it are little notes written by all the guests who attended.

 Fun with the wii. It's a boxing game by the way.

I dunno who's winning at this point... Couple or not, when it comes to games, there is no such thing as giving face.

After that, it was time for cake.

Candles are lit. Time to make a wish.

I wish to be rich, live in a bungalow in Sentosa Cove, drive a Mercedes SLK and have 2 maids.

Then again, make it 3 maids. *blow*

=) Cake...

The gang.

And with some instant photos, the welcome board was finally complete.

Just like a giant birthday card... But then again, I think it IS a giant birthday card...

And thus concludes the birthday BBQ post.

Thanks for the awesome birthday party girl, happy birthday!

And thanks Gal and Kel for the lovely clover bracelet. I luffs it.

PS:

A war between the otahs and satays. Obviously, the satays are winning...

No comments: