Sunday, November 21, 2010

My house has been invaded by a new species of insect lately. Its body is around length of my little finger's fingernail and it has long feelers and legs. The head and legs and black, but the rest of the body is a bright orange-pink colour. It looks rather exotic.

At first I saw only one of them around, but today I spotted two of them facing each other on the kitchen windowsill. I looked on eagerly, wondering if I would be treated to a little insect porn early in the morning. However, all they did was sit there.

Me: Mum, there's two of those funny bugs on the windowsill again.

Mum: Yeah, they're everywhere.

Me: Really? These two are facing each other.

Mum: They're discussing something.

Me: Like what? World domination, perhaps?

Mum: No... Revenge, probably.

Me: Why?

Mum: I killed a few of their brothers and sisters.

Me: How?

Mum: Squashed them.

Me: That's a terrible way to die. No wonder they're pissed.

After a while, one of the two turned around and walked away, as if the discussion was over. Then, both of them myseriously disappeared.

No comments: