Friday, December 03, 2010

The black and white cat was sitting, as usual, on one of the steps of the staircase leading up to my block.

It was licking itself, dragging its pink tonge along an outstretched paw.

Suddenly, there were the sounds of children laughing. Not long after this, a large, inflatable beach ball appeared on the landing at the top of the stairs.

It bounced off the wall, rolled to the edge, and then paused there for a moment.

The black and white cat stopped cleaning itself, its attention drawn to the ball. It stared at it warily.

Finally, the last bit of inertia gave way, and the ball started rolling down the stairs.

Kitty ran for its life. The large ball, bigger than it was, was hot on its heels.

It turned the corner, and managed to evade the large round monster as it continued towards the lifts. The ball bounced against the wall next to where I was standing, at the open doors of the lift.

I thoroughly enjoyed the little drama.

As kitty stalked off with injured pride, I continued on my way to work.

No comments: