Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A couple of things I hate about being an adult.

1) You get tired more easily.

In the past, I could stay up for ages doing school work or just fooling around. These days, once midnight rolls around, my eyelids automatically get heavy. Before I know it, I have to admit defeat and crawl into bed.

2) You gain weight like crazy.

Maybe it's because you work and have little time to exercise, but I've really been piling on the kilos lately. I eat one little slice of cheescake, and it's as if I've gone for a ten-course ice-cream buffet at Swensen's.

3) There's always not enough time.

In the past, I had the luxury of feeling bored. These days, I wish there would be more hours in a day to do all the things I need and want to do. This includes actually doing stuff I enjoy, like reading.

4) Paying adult prices for everything.

This includes public transport, food (no more student meals at McDonald's boo hoo) and everything else under the sun in general.

5) Having to act/look mature.

Sometimes I want to be a bit silly, but people look at me like I've undergone devolution. Why can't I do stupid/childish things like dancing in public, going out without brushing my hair or watching Spongebob Squarepants from time to time? *pouts*

And thus I conclude that being an adult kinda sucks, but we all have to go through it anyway.

2 comments:

aiyun said...

对咯。正中要害,一针见血。

renee said...

xie xie hehe.