Thursday, January 06, 2011



It's past midnight now, and it's peaceful. All I can hear is the sound of traffic whizzing past on the expressway outside my flat, as well as the tapping sounds of typing on the keyboard.

I like peace and quiet. It allows me to have some private time to myself. Most people can't stand being alone, but I don't have that problem. Sometimes, you just need to have a little space to think and reflect.

I usually muse about what I'm doing and where I'm going. It's either that or I review the events of the day, like how I handled different situations and my interactions with people. Sometimes, the memories make me sigh with relief or contentment. Other times, I cringe at a stupid mistake, smack my forehead or even cover my face in embarrassment.

I guess I do this because I want to learn from my experiences. Life is a battlefield, and it's important to be able to survive to fight another day. Nobody's perfect, and I am as flawed as they come. However, I resolve to exert a more positive influence on people and events around me.

In other words, I'm going to try and not be a pain in the ass.

No comments: