Thursday, July 03, 2003

The dragon-shaped hilt is shaped to protect the user's hand, but practicality doesn't mean that it isn't beautiful. The long-necked dragon glowers up the blade, its back-swept wings making something like a basket hilt. Each individual scale on the dragon's bronzed hide is detailed and the beast's eyes are tiny but perfectly faceted rubies.

When I rub the now gleaming blade with my rag, tiny sparks trail after, silver and gold and moonlight blue. The sword feels alive, and so I guess that's why I say;" I wonder how you ended up embedded in that cliff face?"
-"Spellsword" by Jane Lindskold from "Spell Fantastic"

Greetings wreary web-crawler, I am Renee, ur guide. Welcome to my world... ...

Today was the last day of exams, which explains why I can finally update my wonderful blog. Yipee! Anyway, the exams today were bio and chem, a major clash of the titans in common test terms. Both were equally bulky subjects to study, and I cldn't concentrate all my mental powers on one, for the fear of neglecting the other. Thus, to make a long story short, I m so doomed.

My chem, so many blanks. My bio, so much crap. My maths, dunno how to do half. My GP, way to cheem. My econs, hee haa haa.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is a summary of my common test experience. Only one thing to do, ride out the storm when the results come out, and try not to crash and burn.

Anyway, today during the interval btw chem and bio, I went studying wif cel and amanda. I had tot that it wld be awkward at first, as cel and amanda didnt know each other. But gradually, we were all talking like old sch mates. Cel has a lot of charm, and managed to smooth any lapses in converstaion. I helped, of course.

So we went to Long John Silver's to eat, cos sumo house was closed. We also met all the guys there, minus Pui Sze and Vincent. We talked abt lots of stuff, ranging from sch matters, to guys. After that , we went to the lib to study, where we later met Catherine.

All of us were already panicking by them, both from the trauma of the earlier chem paper, and the fact that we hadnt finished studying. I was breezing my way through, Cat was speed reading, Amanda was cramming and Cel was complaining. OK ok..She did study...Well....After a long gossip session wif Cat on matters most impt. Aiyo, gossip lah, duh.
We were also watching the clock, as the mins crawled by, pushing us further towards the gates of hell.

We left at abt 1.20pm, stopping along the way for Cat and Cel to buy these $10 windbreakers that were on sale at Baleno. Amanda says it wont keep them warm, and I agree too cos the materials too thin. But that wont stop 2 women on a shopping mission. After burrowing their way through the mountain of multi-coloured windbreakers, they finally found satisfactory colours and sizes, wif help from the uncle of course. Cel wif a bright yellow one (I personally prefer the blue one) and Cat wif a snow white one, which turned out a little too tight. Ah well.. These gals just dun think when they shop.

After that was a rather pleasing bio paper in the hall. It was tough, of course, but not as bad as chem. I just hope that the marks reflect my sentiments, anyway.

Thus my common tests r officially OVER! Gone! Finito! Woosh woosh! Nada!

I went to the lib after sch and got myself nice fantsay and science fiction books, which explains the lovely paragraphs at the begiinning of todays blog entry. The top paragraph is abt a spellsword call Arlen which can grant wishes. Its one of my fave stories in that book. I dun know why, but i have a particular fascination wif swords. They r to me, a symbol of magic, power and nobility. I even know a few sword names from books Ive read. Excalibur, Verminfate, Demonfang and Sting, Forodos dagger from Lord of the Rings.

Some ppl actually collect swords. I think its really cool, cos swords r beautiful creations. From the hilt to the blade, everything must be made wif balance and precision to suit the wielder. Yah yah..I know...They r weapons but pls, nuclear bombs r too and they kill thousands of ppl at one go!

I think when Im older and can afford it, i ll collect swords too. A nice centrepiece for the living room, I think. I think theres a shop in Far East Plaza which sells collectible swords. I think i ll make my first one the sword that Legolas carried in Lord of the Rings. It has an intricately carved hilt, wif elvish symbols on the blade. Totally awesome!

Ah well... My brains getting numb. Its been a long day and Ive sat through 5 hrs of agony. So i bid thee farewell, traveller, and may ur path before u be without danger or strife.


No comments: