Hello all, todays another blog day. I didnt write anything yesterday cos I was waayyy to dead after studying for todays econs test.
Well, anyway, this morning, for the first time in a long lllooonnnggg time, I woke up at 5.30am to face another sch day. Today was different though, as it was the first day of the common tests.
After going through the usual routine and reaching the interchange, I, finally, returned to the habit of taking the bus again. it felt strange packing in wif all the green tjcians, as I was used to my solitary walk to sch from the interchange in the past.
I studied on the bus, of course, but it was futile since nothing much went in.
I arrived at the parade square to find, surprise surprise, Daniel and Cliffton sitting there talking. I was greeted wif a cheery hello, a far cry from what I usually get wif most of the other classmates. Usually, well, they just stare at me, unless its those from my clique like Amanda or Teresa or Pui Sze. I think I consider the guys part of my extended clique right now, since they r such nice ppl. I just hope it stays that way, and hopefully, like my seniors, we can grow close.
Anyways, after that was a major sucky econs test, of which I am doomed in. Then, me, Mei Ching and Amanda went to Changi Airport to just have lunch and chill out.
Its rather strange really, but I find that Mei Ching can simply get along wif anybody and everybody. I find that really cool, as I confess Im not much of a socialite myself. Maybe she was simply born wif that X factor, of which I m considerably lacking in. Whatever the case, we had a rather enjoyable lunch at some food court at a gallery overlooking the ticketing area. Changi Airport was strangely quiet. A far cry from its usual busy self. SARS has really hit it rather badly.
I had the chance to contemplate this over my lunch, which was rather expensive. I had this chicken meal from this fast food stall called Popeye's Chicken, similar to KFC. It wasnt really good, and I nearly choked on the crumby biscuit. $4.50 and no drink incuded, what r they thinking! Sheesh... Im neva eating at the stupid airport again. They must be mad! I even saw a pathetic sandwhich that costs $3.50. I swear, things there cost thrice the amt of what they wld cost outside.
After that, I went to the supermarket to get a drink. Cold Storage. Wah kau, I ended up paying $1.25 FOR A TEENY WEENY bottle of orange juice. Scary man... Those poor tourists, they dun know what they r in for when they shop here.
On our way back, we decided to steal a luggage trolley and dump our bags in. Mei Chings idea, the lamer! We looked like we were leaving for another country. Three tjcians pushing a trolley. Haiz...
Soon, we were on our way back and were actually late! We were rushing into the LT practically, jostling wif the yr 2s who had just finished their Maths common tests, I think. After that, the GP papers 1 and 2. My compo, I think, was rather good. On the pros and cons of television. However, the compre was tough, abt whether or not electronic devices wld replace books in the future. I lost 4-8 marks. AAAARRRGGGGHHH! I dun lose marks for English!
I forgot to call mum abt the paper ending at 5.30pm and she actually rang me up 3 times during paper 2. Luckily my hp was on vibrate mode, so all I got was a gentle massage on my right thigh. Unlike Mei Ching, whos lovely polyphonic hp filled the air wif joyous music. Hers got confiscated, but was later returned to her. Aiyo! Malu man. I gotta feeling shes gonna go home to kill her brother, who was responsible for the hp ringing twice.
Boy were we relieved when the paper 2 was over. I walked to the interchange wif Amanda, talking wif her. We met Daniel, who was trying to avoid XXX. Frankly, I think that XXXs lonely, which is y he seems to be sticking to Dan and the other guys. I think they shld try to accept him, though he is weird sometimes.
So... Thats abt it. An interesting first day. Well, I do hope I can have more days like this.
Haiyah, sian ah. Must study maths. Toodle-loo!
No comments:
Post a Comment