Friday, October 17, 2003

Nobody gets too much heaven no more
It's much harder to come back
I'm waiting in line

Nobody gets too much love anymore
It's as high as a mountain
And harder to climb

-m2m, Our Song

Hello, long time no update blog liao. Time to get back down to business.

I have not been updating my blog for obvious reasons, which is the coming and going of my promotional exams. After all, who the hell wants to stay back 1 year while their friends go on to Year 2. I 've also gotten back my results, which except for bio all suck. My friends say I can take the bio S paper, but for now I'm just contemplating whether or not to drop econs.

Anywayz, smth happened during the midst of my exams. My mum had a stroke. A mild one. She couldnt move her left arm and leg much, and had to be ferried off to the hospital. All before my chem paper the next day. I had to study in the waiting area outside the Accdent & Emergency dept at Changi General Hospital. She stayed there for abt 2 weeks, during time which I had to fend for myself and visit her nearly everyday. The fending for myself part was easy, the trauma of the event was hard. It reminds me all the time now how we shld cherish life.

After my exams, motherless, I wasleft to my own devices to entertain myself. I went out after my last econs paper wif Amanda to orchard road, where en route we met Pui Sze, Mei Ching, Clare, Ying Xian and Ching Siang. They were gonna watch Pirates of the Carribean, or at least the gals were.You know the one wif the ever so cute Orlando "Legolas" Bloom.

We then procceeded to haunt Orchard. The day after that, I went swimming wif Cel in the rain, and after that on thurs we went to watch Underworld, a nicely packaged but poorly plotted story about an eternal battle btw vamps and werewolves. Personally, I support the werewolves, which had been hunted to near extinction by the vamps.

So anywayz, I'll just skip the next few days which was PW on fri, and sch days to today, fri again. oday was the annual TJC Openhouse, a bid to attract hopeful graduating Sec 4s to TJC. I had to go set up the booth and had been making bookmarks from old film negatives for the last 3 days. It was fun, and we blew balloons to decorate the table and the banner outside the designated classroom where the live performance was. Sameera and Bhavna were looking stressed, and I was nervous abt promoting drama.

Well, seemed for most of the day that there werent many interested compared to the sports PDPs and other study-based ones like lib and Science Council. We were geting a little desperate, and hours wore slowly on. I felt extremely sian, and twice found myself wandering the sch, looking at other PDPs. I finally got so sick and tired of everthing I just hid in my 2nd PDP, lib, and watched a good 1 hour of Harry Potter and The Sorceror's Stone.

When I finally crawled back, I saw the Wanderers, dressed in black clothes, red cloaks and white masks, doing a still-life tableau. It was so cute. They were all grped ard a box, and were in various overly-dramatic poses. They were still as statues, much to the amusement of passers-by. Finally, ATTENTION! Placed on the floor near their feet, there was a sign saying "R u game enough to join drama. @ Room111." It was a little sad, but at least more people knew we had an active and crazy drama club existing in sch.

After that was the performance at the open space under LT2, facing the audi. These year 2 mcs were entertaining a huge crowd of spectators in their many-coloured sec sch and JC uniforms. There was the Taekwando Club, the CO, the choir, and the dance club, which turned out to be the best! The choir, sadly couldnt be heard clearly bacause of the poor accoustics.

Then, clean-up! Then the Mass Dance, during which I sneaked off home..

Well, tts my dae. Gotta do econs now. Ciao!

No comments: