If I can reach the stars,
Pull one down for you,
Shine it on my heart
So you could see the truth:
That this love I have inside
Is everything it seems.
But for now I find
It's only in my dreams.
And I can change the world,
I will be the sunlight in your universe.
You would think my love was really something good,
Baby if I could change the world.
...
-Eric Clapton, Change the World
Finally, I have smth to update on my blog. Haha. Today was an interesting day for me. Tell ya why...
This morn dad brought me n mum out for lunch at Katong. To what else but... LAKSA OF COURSE!! Mmm... Lovely laksa gravey thick with coconut milk, blended chilli or sambal as we call it in Singapore, sliced parsley, white noodles, fishcake n large pieces of ham*hokkien for cockles*. *Slurp* Wanna eat it again. Never had such a satisfying meal of laksa for such a long time. The stall at our nearby food centre sells sucky laksa. We ate at this coffeshop along East Coast Road, near Marine Parade, oppsite Katong Plaza. There r actually 2 coffeeshops tt sell laksa there, but we cldnt eat at the other one cos it was closed.
After tt I met Rez n we went to Geylang...
Geylang Serai lah, dun gimme tt funny look. Theres a big bazaar there now for Hari Raya. Rez wanted to show me this Islamic bookstore so I said why not.
Too bad it was closed. -_-'' He forgot tt today was the day before Hari Raya and to many ppl its a half day. Haiz. So, we ended up strolling along the bazaar, helping him look for a cactus plant to act as a centre-piece for the dining table. Why a cactus I dun know. @_@?? His mum wanted it. Maybe to protect his food?
We went all over the place n ended up in Tanjong Katong Plaza. There was no cactus tt was big enough for his centre-piece so we just wandered ard. I decided to try a henna tattoo on my arm. The design's not bad but the brown's a little light. :) I actually smudged it a little so I had to spend the entire time holding my arm out at an angle. Now I cant feel my arm. Hooray!
In the end, we decided to meet Hafiiz at Tanah Merah mrt bus stop so tt he cld come with us to buy Rez's cactus at the orchard there. Hafiiz has a green thumb n likes gardening. Ive never been to his hse before but according to him it looks like the Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. Not bad for someone living in a HDB flat wif only pots and some space along the corridor to work in.
Evidently, poor Hafiiz wanted to escape helping his elder sis make Hari Raya cookies. He had 100 to make n he was only HALF DONE!! The fact tt he burnt the first batch didnt help much. :P
So there we were, trying to choose a cactus for Rez's table. In the end, Rez chose this grostequely fat, green n spineless one with a red flower on top like an over-sized hat. It wasnt bad looking lah, adds colour to his beige-themed kitchen. But it was so fat it was unstable n threatened to roll out of the pot! Hafiiz bought a big bag of soil for 2 bucks. He nearly fainted when I suggested going to Orchard to jalan jalan, with the soil of course!
However, we ended up going to Hafiiz's hse. I left first cos I had to go home. Rez was left to help him with the cookies, heh heh... Hope he doesnt poison everyone.
So tts my day. Must go makan dinner now. Bye!
P.S. To all my Muslim friends, including Hafiiz, Rezal n Marlyna (Mao)...
SELAMAT HARI RAYA ADIL FITRI
No comments:
Post a Comment