*Sigh* Forget it, I just can't put any images on my blog. Except the posts from quizilla.com...
Oh well, nothing much today. Just an excerpt tt I find meaningful from the book I've just finished reading. Hee... Hope u like it. :)
There was a breeze up on the hill, not cold, but strong enough to catch her breath and bend the tall buttercup stems. She walked away by herself and looked up at the crumbling stone face of the obelisk. She tried to read it and finally managed to fit the words together. But it was not the words written on the obelisk that seemed to stay in her mind, it was something Granny had said when they were sitting together in the well-scrubbed kitchen of the farm now tucked out of sight on the other side of the hill.
Granny had said that she'd need to make up her mind what to do on a clear day. Well it must be a clear day when she could see every house and tree for miles abd the outline of mountains she knew were far away.
"I'm staying here, " she said quietly to herself, as she walked across the top of the hill to have another look at Armagh. "I;m not going back to Belfast or over to Canada. I'm staying here, with Granda."
-From "On a Clear Day" by Anne Doughty
No comments:
Post a Comment