Young girl don't cry
I'll be right here when your world starts to fall
Young girl it's alright
Your tears will dry, you'll soon be free to fly
When you're safe inside your room you tend to dream
Of a place where nothing's harder than it seems
No one ever wants or bothers to explain
Of the heartache life can bring and what it means
Chorus:
When there's no one else, look inside yourself
Like your oldest friend just trust the voice within
Then you'll find the strength that will guide your way
You'll learn to begin to trust the voice within
Young girl don't hide
You'll never change if you just run away
Young girl just hold tight
Soon you're gonna see your brighter day
Now in a world where innocence is quickly claimed
It's so hard to stand your ground when you're so afraid
No one reaches out a hand for you to hold
When you look outside look inside to your soul
Chorus
Life is a journey
It can take you anywhere you choose to go
As long as you're learning
You'll find all you'll ever need to know
(Be strong)
You'll break it
(Hold on)
You'll make it
Just don't forsake it because
No one can tell you what you can't do
No one can stop you, you know that I'm talking to you
Chorus
Young girl don't cry I'll be right here when your world starts to fall
- The Voice Within, Christina Aguilera
Hey ppl, finally. The end to a long and stressful week. Yup yup. Not a bad end either, what with Friendship Day celebrations and all. Been a hell of a sucky week for me.
Well, I call this week my zi bi week cos I've never felt so anti-social in my life. I dun know why, these past few days I've been feeling especially quiet and moody. No motivation at all to socialise, or make conversation, or greet familiar faces in the corridors of tj. Maybe the fact tt for the first few days I've had to deal with bouts of diaorrhea as well as PMS and all. Haiz. Kaishi gave me a massage the other day and advised me to lighten up. Maybe I should. Though I'm finding it difficult to.
Then there's the teasing thing, which is really starting to get to me/piss me off. I mean, it's perfectly all right in small doses, but everything seems to have been blown out of proportion. *image of mushroom cloud* Come on, we're year twos already. Dun we have more impt things to worry abt right now.
You can call me a mugger. But for a person who's been consistently flunking her maths and chem tests, I have to mug. No choice. I'm the type tt will fall behind if I dun. Being of a somewhat blur nature, I cant pick up things as quickly as the rest.
Why did I come to tj?
Then there was the Big Five Profile Personality Test. I've been labelled an introvert, naturally. Being introvertish, it was quite embarrassing to stand up in front of 2 whole classes to tell them, under the introvert section, how I spend my weekend. Fine. I do boring stuff like reading books, surfing the net and doing homework. But really? If u even come to sch on Sats for PDPs and other crap, wldnt u want to spend ur free day sleeping late and resting at home too. Drama SYF is coming up, we're all working on our acting and bonding wif the Year Ones. U need to work together on this sorta thing. We're aiming for gold, a mean feat if u take into account props, lighting, costumes, publicity, acting and other bits and pieces. Though right now we're still bonding and getting in sync for rehearsals.
But today was Friendship Day. A day packed full of flowers, fun and quirks (our vice-principal sang the college anthem on top of her car and ppl brought their pets in). Then there was the CG22/03 why-we-are-great pamphlet giveaway which Im afraid wasnt as far-reaching as we'd hoped. Lai Yan, whom I was running wif and talking (hence the time of 21min 03s), said tt she didnt get anything. So I dun know how the rest of the sch fared. Hmm... She has a date tmr, and she has to choose btw 2 guys by tonight. Dun know how she's faring. The AHS one, or the tj one? I said both but she said no.
Ok... Im seriously getting whiny here. Complain... complain. What to do? My blog is my outlet. Tt and singing in the shower. I do it when I come home and find myself needing to let off steam. Today's repertoire was the song above(bits I knew), "Lady Marmalade" (the half I cld remember), and "What a Girl Wants" (the whole thing cos I know what I want, a life). Nobody appreciates talent these days. I poke my head out of the shower when I'm done and everyone's gone. The bathroom's at the end of the kitchen.
Yes, and I know it Marma-laa-id, not Marmalade, for someone's information. i was just getting warmed up.
Oh yeah and thx everyone for the gifts. They're great. Cel, if u wanna give me stuff, pls dun go under the name of secondary sch flame. I didnt have so much as a spark and u know it. I mean, what will ppl think??
This is Renee signing off.
No comments:
Post a Comment