Monday, April 19, 2004

Boo!

Hello. Loooonnngg time no see. Contrary to popular belief, the writer of this blog has not died or gone on vacation to the Bahamas. She has just encountered a lot of nasty computer trouble which usually end up wif the computer hanging and the poor girl re-booting it all over again. Hence the inability to use the computer till now when I have finally negotiated with this ol' box of silicon chips to actually work. But only in the dead of night it seems.

So Im blogging late on a Sunday night, or early Monday morning.

So there. :)

Well, I suppose I should highlight the events tt happened during the week.

Firstly, there was the TJ Track n Field Meet on Fri.Yes, tt fine event which showcases true sporting spirit as well as school pride. Tts mostly for the participants and the cheer-leaders though. The rest of TJ was mostly a) Trying to pont. b) Complaining abt the heat. Or was it me mostly. c) Came just to support their friends. d) Cheerleading!( prob the most popular reason among the 4).

Of course u cldnt really blame TJ for feeling like ponting or for the lack of enthusiasm. I mean, goodness, it's a Fri, ok! A sacred day to go out if u can get outta sch early. I mean, it's like dangling a bait in front of us. Early dismissal and the prospect of skipping the whole event. And the heat! Whoo! Even under the tents it was just short of unbearable. Me, Amanda and Kaishi kept leaning on each other and chatting, too lethargic to watch the running.

Of course the cheerleading competition was great! A beautiful moving collage of loud, pumping music, flashy cheer costumes as well as slick moves (think cartwheels, somersaults, energetic waving of pom-poms, and a lot of human pyramids and girls being flung high up into the air). Amanda and I had been on our way down to steal Ribena (ok, it's for the participants and the student officials, but the girl pouring never once looked at me when I strolled up and grabbed a cup earlier on), when the announcement for the inter-house cheerleading competition came on. Immediately, we were caught in a mad scramble of ppl rushing up to get the best seats. We were 2 of them. :D

Well, then there was the tug-of-war of student counicil and tutors. I was like, to hell wif the tutors, go student council! SC won of course. Hee hee. My bet was spot on...

Then, well, after tt dismissal and then home.

The next day, Sat, it was Drama. We were essentially given our rehearsal schedules and boy do they suck! Late into the evenings till 8.30pm and some at Marine Parade CC which go on till 10pm. We also cleaned a wheel-chair so we cld spray paint it the following week, to make it into a sort of moving throne for the play. We've gotta make urns next week too, and according to the Zhiwei (this guy who's instructing us how to make stuff), it's going to be down and dirty! Cldnt we just use an over-sized flower pot or smth, I wonder in my head.

So yeah. These are the more impt stuff tt happened during the week. Lotsa other things happened too, sad things, but I'd rather not mention them as I want this to be a happy blog. I mean, saying them seem to make them more real. N i just wanna forget. No point brooding bout the past. Got sch tmr.

Night!

No comments: