Today's the day before Good Friday, a holiday, which to me is like a breath of fresh air. Of all the ppl Ive talked to so far, not a single one isnt unhappy tt they dun have to go to sch tmr. Now tt one is in TJ, one takes holidays seriously *nods solemnly* Last time in sec sch I only used to look forward to the June or Dec holidays mostly... But now even one day is appealing.
Had our first pe elective lesson today, which is smth new rather than running up Lucky Heights (damn tt hill!). 22/03 today was essentially divided into 2 clans. The Aikido one and the Ultimate Frizbee one.
I was "dumped" in Frizbee, cos evidently there wasnt enough ppl for Lindy Hopp. So was Amanda and Winnie. Of the frizbee grp, 95% was from our class. The rest were a smattering from other classes.
Actually, Frizbee is really quite boring. We dun do much, just stand in grps of 4 and fling the stupid plastic saucer at each other. Apart from some basuc stuff, such as how to make the frizbee float or veer right or left, the teacher basically left us to our own devices. So, me, Amanda, Winnie and Chit Eng just kept throwing the frizbee at each other.
And baked in the sun cos it was so damn hot. I'm kinda tanned and my skin feels sore.
After tt, Drama at 4pm. To do what? Move things. I totally agree wif Kim Leng. In Drama, u either act or move stuff.
I move stuff.
So did most of the other members not undergoing the "Dead on Cue" rehearsal. The "stuff" consisted of enormous set pieces prob just delivered today. They were made up of huge wooden stands (rectangular blocks, like a choir tier) and pillars tt weighed a ton! 6 of these stands had to be moved. Each time by 5-6 huffing ppl struggling to manoeuvre the bulky objects out of the banner-painting area and to the space behind the audi. The tricky part was getting the huge blocks onto the lower level of the grassy patch outside the banner-painting area. We had to take turns leaping off, at the same time lugging the block between us.
Then, we had to stack them one on top of the other. At this point, I gave everyone quite a shock.
In the process of stacking the block on top, I had used my left hand to grasp the bottom to steady it and lower it down. While doing so, I hadnt removed my hand in time and one side of the enormous block landed on top of it. The corner pressing down at the junction where my fingers joined my palm. The strange thing was it was becos it landed there tt my hand wasnt seriously injured, as the ppl beside me failed to notice and pushed the block into place, thereby dragging the block across my hand. Since the initial impact wasnt hard, my hand was all right. By the time which Sonia noticed my hand, gave a yelp, and everyone lifted the block to let me free it. Apart from a few scrapes, my hand was fine.
I think I was damn lucky today. I hadnt encountered any splinters during the scraping or I wld have bled. Neither did my hand get crushed.
Phew. Thank my lucky stars. Shang tian bao you.
No comments:
Post a Comment