PS: I've never seen this poster before in Singapore. I think I prefer it. Reminds me of those old-fashioned epic posters like those of Ben Hur or the old Star Wars series.
Troy! Yaaay. Honestly I kinda expected it to be sort of boring, but it turned out to be one of the best movies I've ever watched!
The day started out as day 2 of the TJ Sports Carnival. Me and Amanda were sort of walking ard and trying to kill time as it was still early and the cinema wasnt open yet. We met up wif PS and Cliffton and the 4 of us went up to the hall for some badminton.
By then I was really bored to tears. I dun mind badminton and all, but I cldnt play cos I wasnt in the competition. So while Cliffton played, 3 of us girls sat watching. Then, PS plunked down on the floor and fell asleep, leaving me and Amanda to watch. Finally, I cldnt take it no more and went to find Mrs Noordin and visit the library to cool off.
When I came back, we all left to sneak out of the sch. PS needed to sleep at home, Cliffton had a breakfast date and me and Amanda had a show to catch. We met Agnes at the bus-stop, talked a bit, then Cliffton left first to take the bus at the opposite end. After tt PS took 12, then the me, Ag and Am left on the bus after PS's. 197 I think.
Waving goodbye to Ag, me and Am got off at Marine Parade to take another bus to Orchard. Eventually, we got off somewhere near a carpark next to Cineleisure. After tt, a lesisurely stroll abt Orchard and to Lido.
Where we found the earliest show wld be 3 smth. As usual, my curfew got in the way again and we decided to buy a newspaper and check out showtimes. We decided on Cineleisure's 1.30pm timeslot and decided to kill time by having lunch and walking abt to find Am's bag.
Am's been trying to buy a new bag for ages, and she's STILL looking for one. Haha. Her philosophy is search, compare prices, designs, think over carefully, then over a period of 3 mths finally come to a decision to buy it. Funded by parents of course. *kaa-ching!*
I think it's quite a thorough method of shopping, albeit a bit long-winded.
Mine is more of a look-at-it and fall crazily in love wif it, contemplate carefully over a few days, save up or drop hints to the parents, then go get it. In fact, I have this very evil way of bringing particular goods to their attention by walking past, staring at it longingly, whining abt how we cldnt afford it anyway, then waiting for Mum or Dad to pity me and promise to get it for me on my b'day or whatever occasion. Though the wait's long, in the end it's all worth it.:) Im just such a spoilt brat, aren't I.
So anyway, we saw this really neat bag shop at Cineleisure, full of affordable yet chic bags. From shoulder bags, to sling bags, to backpacks. U name 'em, it's got 'em. Am dropped me a rather blatant hint abt a particular pink shoulder bag she wants for her b'day prez. Gosh, some ppl have really thick skin, dont they. :P
During the course of our travels, we also happened to come across a small "World of Sports" shop where Ive fallen in love wif this really neat NEW BALANCE shoe. It was grey, wif this jagged line running across the top and bottom of each side like shark teeth. I love it! I hope they have it in orange and grey! Im having this current fetish wif everything orange.^_^
We also ate at YOSHINOYA, and it being my first time, I had no idea what to eat. We arrived there at abt 11.30am, at the very last min before the student offer ended. Thus, in 60 secs, we each got the student special, then hurried off to eat. I was quite surprised as I bit into my chicken teriyaki at how warm the food was.
After tt, we bought the tickets, then crossed over to Heeren to kill time. We rushed back, but just missed the beginning of the show.
After tt, home via speeding taxi. Where I got ticked off by Mum for breaking my curfew by half-an-hour. Lighten up Mum. I'm 18, not 8!
No comments:
Post a Comment