Today was a rather interesting day which started out boring, climaxed at the middle portion and ended wif utter exhaustion.
Today was the first day of the TJ Sports Carnival, which was great for most ppl but damn boring for me cos I didnt have anything on. I was wandering about the sch when I bumped into Sheryl and her friend, Priscilla, and we decided to go somewhere to relax.
Which turned out to be the roof! Haha. If u go up the staircase leading to the library, and continue up to the third floor, u'll reach a door leading to the roof of the library, which is really above "The Compass" I think. We sort of sat there for a bit, enjoying the cool breeze tt was blowing. Then, I got an sms from Cel asking me to watch her Dance Club perform the "Milkshake" song, so I left and sneaked into the AHS concert in the audi.
It was packed, and I was forced onto the gallery. I cld barely see my way, squinting my eyes in vain in the glowing light from my handphone. I felt my way about like a blind person and finally dropped into a seat.
The dance was pretty cool, and Ive always liked the "Milkshake" song. It lasted for quite a while, after which it was the principal's address and before which most of the TJcians in the upper gallery, including me, scrammed out of the audi.
Then, I went to went to the library, where I met Agnes (Wong). She was there mugging chem, and I was preparing for SATs. After tt, Kim Leng came over and both of us ended up discussing conspiracy theories of how the world wld end. Rather a weird topic, but definitely very debatable. Haha. I watched "Deep Impact" and read "The Hammer of God", so I was really familiar with the "Asteroid decimates Earth" theory.
After which, Agnes continued on in the library, while me and KL left for Temasek Idol. I told her Cliffton was performing and tt her twin(Dan) was playing the piano, but she refused to budge, citing mugging as her reason. I think she was waiting for Val.
Well, the Temasek Idol competition was a really exciting affair, what wif all the hype over "American Idol", the real McCoy. It was packed, and we ended up sitting on the steps on the right side. At least we had a good view of the stage. Everyone was buzzing wif excitment.
And so, the show progressed, wif some tremendously good and awfully bad acts. One guy tt kinda stuck was the really bad singer of the "Josh Groban" song.
What was supposed to be an uplifting piece, entitled "You Lift Me Up", was turned into what I quip as "You Drag Me Down". Good God, I was mortified. It was kind of flat, not even a tiny bit of the warmth and sensitivity of the original singer. He was kinda off-key from the start. And I cld hear Joshie's powerful voice in the background, which made it all the more obvious. I mean, I admit Josh Groban is a hard singer to live up to in song, so mebbe he shld have chosen a less ambitious piece.
I think CLiffton shld have gotten in, and Im saying this not as a classmate but a neutral judge. I mean, I kinda liked his sort of bouncy rendition of "Lean On Me", and I can appreciate it cos I grew up listening to the original on Class 95. "Lean on me brother, ba daa daa da dum..." I cld sense a hint of nervousnes though, so mebbe u shld work on tt, haha, if u're reading this. Nice dance routine though, hee, this girl somewhere next to me said, "He's so cute." Haha hahaha...:D
So anyway, tts basically the gist of it. I also liked the hip-hop grp D7, wif their rap of Linkin Park's "In the End", and Silversound. Silversound really rocked.
After tt, DRAMA *moan moan groan*. Went to help wif programme-making, and then rushed off to Marine Parade CC wif Terence, Nur, Gwen and Vasudha, me being the only Year Two in the group. We got caught in the rain! I was totally soaked when we trudged into Marine Parade CC. My hair was wet, and my clothes too. Luckily I cld change into my drama tee.
Drama rehearsals r better nowadays, but I can't wait till it's all over! Mr Tan made the crew work doubly hard, and made us change scenes over and over till we were fast enough.
Then, home. I was so glad Dad bought me a hotdog when he came to fetch me. It was relaxing to bite into it and listen to the radio in the van. He's still groaning over the fact tt he has to come fetch me at 10pm for 2 more days. He's missed so many episodes of his 9pm Chinese Drama.
Well then, getting REally late. Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment