Congratulations to: Stacey, Yong Suan and Natalie! U guys were great!
TJC and SRJC Dance Clubs rock!
Today I had a rather full day. I had SATs at ard 8.30am, to me the muggle equivalent to NEWTs (Nasty Exhausting Wizarding Tests). Honestly, I think Im getting dragged down into Harry Potter fandom. Harry’s been in my mind a lot these days.
Anyway, the usual details. La la la so difficult. Blah blah blah 7 sections can die. Ha ha ha my brain felt dead half-way. Ho ho ho I was in a coma by the time the whole thing ended. Cel was wif me at Ngee Ann Sec. where we took the SATs. N we both agreed on one thing at the end of 3 hrs.
It sux!
Anyway, the dreariness of the morning’s SATs was thankfully replaced by the delight of an evening of rhythm and movement. Yup yup. Today was…
Reverie 2004! The first TJ Modern Dance Club performance!
It was wonderful. A dazzling fusion of various styles, as well as involving the incorporation of light displays and toe-tapping beats. The colourful multi-coloured beams of light emitted from the revolving spotlights at the foot of the stage added a depth of colour, and the projections on the screen added tt extra bit of dynamism.
However, nothing cld beat the visual display presented by the dancers tt night. There were many talents, including: TJC, SRJC, SAJC, RJC, Fuyo, JJ-Salsa Rengue, ICS, Synettes and NUS Dance Ensemble.
However, I must admit it took ages to start. I had arrived at TJ quite early after being nagged by Cel tt nobody who came late wld get go seats. Thus, me Thien Fui and Clarice came early and sat down in the audi.
I also saw Eileen,.Pui Sze, Chit Eng and Agnes. I had no idea they were coming. Anyway I was sitting 3 rows down from them in the middle block. Ard us, the audi gradually began to fill.
Everyone was dressed so nicely. Goodness. I felt like an utter doofus in my red shirt and white shorts. Like a bloody Spore flag. I cld tell u why I wasn’t dressed in my best but it’s really a long story.
Anyway, we had to wait a full 45 mins, and I swear I heard the Norah Jones song “Come Away With Me” 3 times before the lights dimmed and the MC announced the starting of the show. Before that I was totally bored out of my mind, and even the usually chatty pair I was wif fell silent. I turned ard and saw the CG22/03 gang chatting quietly among themselves. Pui Sze was leaning her head against the wall, dozing. Dreaming of Desmond and Kokhow, no doubt. ^_^
And so the show started, and it was good! I cant really describe everything I saw here as it wld be too long-winded, but I was really impressed. I really liked...
"Enter_Spacebar" cos it was really techno and it appealed to my science-fiction side. Everyone was dressed in this silvery costume and they used roller-chairs to add to the techy feel. The dance moves were also kinda robotic, and the intense light displays made it look even more futuristic.
"Sueno Latino" cos of its sizzling Latino feel. Stacey looked so good wif the little rose choker, the black top and black pants. There was also Max and Venetia. Max molesting Venetia again. The music was nice for tt one.
"Tu Mama No Quiso" cos the dance duo was fantastic, however. The female dancer cld really gyrate, and I was so afraid her handkerchief top wld just flutter away. However, the duo showed great skill. They seemed to meld together when they danced. Not a moment of hesitation as they salsa-ed hand-in-hand. Wish I cld dance like tt. J
"X" cos I loved the way it started out wif the short classic movie clip. It really set the tone of a provocative dance of passion and money. Well, they danced to the tune of “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Friend” and was really of a Broadway musical style. As for their costumes, erm, I admit it was a little too showy. Tight little tops, sleeveless, hotpants showing lots of leg, and black stockings. However, the way they danced wif the canes were really innovative. Reminded me of a bunch of female dominatrixes strutting their stuff. Haha.
"Blaze" cos it was really up and abt, and the fact tt YS and Nat were in there performing. Haha. YS esp looked so cool in her dreadlocks and her mini-tube and long flowing skirt. She looked really thin, but yet muscular in a toned dancer sort of way.
And finally "Fear" cos it was really thought-provoking and seemed to carry a sense of death and destruction in it. Everyone was dressed in red and the final scene where everyone slowly seemed to “die” on stage was graceful and poetic. The whole stage was also bathed in red. Like a battlefield. Perhaps in response to war?
Well, tts bout it. Got to go do my stuff now. Byedy-bye.
PS: Sorry we didnt do the survey, Cel. We were sorta lazy. Haha. Besides, who does surveys after performances anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment