Moan. Groan. Today I had my bio prac test, and it was horrible! Just so horrible...
I didnt finish my practical. I practically left nearly all of Qn2, the glucose standard one, blank. I just want to, well, jump off a building or smth. Though I'd prob squash some innocent passer-by...
The day started normal enough, and I was a bit nervous. I decided to walk to TJ from Bedok Interchange, mainly to calm myself. I was alright at first, and I joined the rest of my classmates under the marquee next to the canteen.
I guess I was a little nervous, cos it didnt hit me why Cliffton had a guitar next to him. I wld have under normal circumstances, and I didnt realise it until he told me abt it. Haha... He looked so toot. Huge guitar strapped to his back, clutching big box of test-tubes in front. Hope he doesnt read this. Haha hahaha...
PS lah, so funny, gave it to him on bio prac day. Of all the days. Haha hahaha. He might poke sumone's eye out.
Well, anyway, back to my practical. I didnt have enough time. Which I think is the universal answer to why most ppl dun finish all forms of tests and assessments. I spent too much time drawing in Qn3 and making yeast beads in Qn1. By the time I got to Qn2, it was already 1.20pm, and I was still answering the qns in front.
It's all because I cldnt locate my specimen on the slide for Qn3. I was looking and squinting and trying to find the parts, and only found out after 5 mins of searching tt I was using high-power and was staring STRAIGHT-INTO-THE-BLOODY-LUMEN! Gah! So frustrating...I had been looking into EMPTY SPACE! *pengz*
Then, when it came into making beads, the yeast droplets took ages to fall into the calcium chloride soln. I was thinking, "Hurry up and fall off, damn it, I havent got all day, you know."
Finally I learnt I cld stir and then dip more in, so then it wld form heavier droplets and hence drop faster. Then, I observed tt just letting the droplet touch the surface, so the surface tension wld just make the droplet seperate from the glass rod, wld make the droplets fall in faster. I was soon happily counting my beads, which looked like sago seeds.
But, alas, my efforts were wasted, cos there still wasnt enough time. To make matters worse, I added calcium chloride instead of hydrogen peroxide to a test-tube, and then stupidly stared at the yeast bead for 2 mins, waiting for it to float upwards or just DO SOMETHING! I found out only when I went to re-fill and read the label. Damn.
Thus, all these stupid little mistakes resulted in me not finishing the test. I deserve it I guess. I was too nervous and became careless. I had no choice but to fake my glucose colour standard, which is easy cos the answers are essentially the same. However, as I was writing in the second last one, 2%, Mr Tay suddenly said
"2 more mins to go."
By which time I was oh-shitting all the way. I feel he cld have informed us all earlier. What can u do in 2 mins? I hurriedly scribbled in my answer and just finished the last word when he said, "Pens down."
Aiyah...*places both hands on cheeks and squeezes face* Im just doomed.
Well, I;ll just have to pull up my socks. Got SATs tmr.
No comments:
Post a Comment