Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Today was a rather horrible day. Got back my maths paper and boy did it suck. I got a lousy 25! Argh. It's officially an F, but to me it feels like a G, one grade below tt. I sort of guessed tt I wld get such lousy marks, cos I didnt study Statistics and the freaking paper contained 75% of tt!

Anywayz, today my Drama juniors officially said good-bye to all the seniors by having a farewell party. They had sneakily called us all up the day before, saying tt there was to be a meeting at 4.45pm. I was quite put off by tt, cos the thought of staying back after sch till such an ungodly hour irked me. However, when Kim Leng told me tt it was a farewell party, I thought, what the hell, and stayed.

It more like a ceremony really. A darkened LT4, lit only be tea-lights placed at the corners. A video montage of pictures and music, most of them taken during rehearsals for the AP and SYF, as well as the subsequent PPP, or Post-Production Party. Then, a few words from Mrs Noordin, and a written letter from Mr Marcus Tan who had gone on reservist 0_0? After tt, they forced all of the seniors up on the raised platform to EACH make a speech (mine was so lame, Im NOT going to type it here.) This was followed by a presentation of gifts to the seniors, which were Drama photo frames wif pictures of nature scenes and inspirational quotes. Finally, a cake-cutting ceremony and the opening of 2 bottles of grape wine, which was supposed to be done champagne style except tt there was not enough gas and the corks just fell off.:P

Later on, stuffed full of chocoalate cake and grape wine, I waited for Dad to pick me up, as usual. He arrived, looking a bit pissed, but I thought nothing of it and got in. I noticed a strong smell of vehicle exhaust throughout the interior of the van but didnt really bother much abt it.

Abt 5 mins later, despite adjusting the shutters of the air-con unit (whatever u call those things), the smell was still there. I sniffed at the air-con thingy, and though the air was fresh the overpowering smell lingered. I asked Dad if the air-con had broken down but he simply mumbled, "Look ard."

I turned, and then I exclaimed loudly and laughed.

Where the back window should have been, there was now a large, gaping hole. The remaining shards of glass still stuck to the window frame were so finely cracked tt they seemed to be frosted over.

Apparently, my dear father, over-esimating his driving abilities and under-estimating the distance, had reversed out of his office parking lot into a container (u know, the open top type used to transport sand tt can be lifted into position onto the back of a truck). The window obviously broke and the rest is history.

Well, surveying the damage, I asked him what he was going to do abt it. Could he claim the repairs from his company cos it was a company vehicle? How much wld the repairs cost?

No, cos it was HIS fault and repairs wld cost ard $600. At this my mouth fell open.

We spent the rest of the journey discussing what to do. I suggested using a piece of clear plastic sheet to cover the "lobang" so tt it wld keep the good air in and the exhaust out. By this time the smell was so strong it made me dizzy and gave me a headache. I cld feel my chocolate cake starting to move in the wrong direction, which was bad.

He suggested opening the other window and I frantically rolled it down. The air was slightly better, and I had a proper place to hurl my stomach contents shld the need arise. I thought of carbon monoxide poisoning and felt worse. When we pulled into the carpark and went over a bump, another piece of glass fell off and shattered on the road.

Finally, we reached home. Mum suggested claiming tt he was robbed and the thieves broke the window to steal the computer parts inside. We volunteered to help him get rid of the stuff, and anyway I hinted tt I wldnt mind a new CPU or monitor.

No, he said it wldnt work. The computer parts were old and out-dated.

So I dun know what he's going to do. I sure wldnt want to get sick again.

No comments: